Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK offers scholarship to Indiana 9th-grader
By Jerry Tipton
[email]JTIPTON@HERALD-LEADER.COM[/email]

As the propriety of recruiting younger prospects gets debated nationwide, Kentucky has offered a scholarship to another high school freshman.

On Sunday, UK offered a scholarship to Jeremiah Davis III, who is completing his ninth-grade year at Muncie (Ind.) Central High School.

"I was honored," Davis said Monday about the offer. "I don't know if I'm going to take it yet. I'm still a freshman."

Indiana, Ohio State and Tennessee are among the schools that also have expressed a recruiting interest in Davis. None has yet offered a scholarship, the player's father said.

UK Coach Billy Gillispie saw Davis play in the same recent Akron, Ohio, basketball event that led to commitments from eighth-grader Michael Avery and ninth-grader Vinny Zollo. Davis played on the same AAU team, Indiana Elite.

Davis said he was not sure whether or when he might accept the UK scholarship offer. When asked whether college seemed far off into the future, he said, "Pretty far, right. I still have to go through high school first."

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/403203.html
Messages In This Thread
UK offers scholarship to Indiana 9th-grader - by RavenBoy - 05-20-2008, 08:37 PM