Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What yearly matchup you would most like to see for your school?
EkyLb Wrote:how about Pville vs Russell?
That's a no win situation for Russell. Just like Raceland. If Russell is gonna pick up a mountain team from Eastern Kentucky I would like to see them play up in class rather than down in class unless the lower team has a winning tradition and a rich history with Russell.

1A- Nobody! No win situation if you win ,.......("well they beat a 1A team big deal") If you lose. ("well they must be terrible a little ole 1A team kicked their butts") This can have a tremendous psychological effect on a football team. I.E. Ashland vs Raceland/Pikeville

2A- Maybe Corbin to start a series rather than just the 1 game last year for the Regional title. Corbin is a superb 2A team and has a winning tradition. I've had the pleasure of living in both of these football rich communities. And the programs are very similar.

3A- Nobody. I repeat, Nobody! Don't want to play someone we'll likely meet in the play-offs. Unless its a team from the west at a bowl game that we would only encounter later in Louisville.

4A- We got that covered. Boyd Co(They have a ton of young former Russell players/coaches out their that give Russell a great match-up because Boyd Co always scouts Russell as good as any team in the state) Greenup Co. City school vs the County school. Bowl Game- Tradition. Lawrence needs to be dropped. They've had problems out there for a few years now and that's just not a good situation until they get that straightened out and they're back to playing smashmouth Bull-dawg football.

5A- We have Ashland. Biggest rivalry in Eastern Ky. 5,000 plus attendance on every occasion. I would like to pick up a game here with maybe Letcher Co Central. Mainly because I wanna see their JumboTron!Smile But the old Whitesburg had a heck of a play-off game against Russell in 1994. WOW what a night.Sad <-Revenge is the key motive here.:p

6A- Simon Kenton is a good game and Russell has a history with them dating back to the 1960's.
Messages In This Thread
What yearly matchup you would most like to see for your school? - by DevilsWin - 11-16-2007, 12:55 AM