Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 99 Belfry 31 (60th District Championship)
(03-01-2024, 06:16 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 04:17 PM)Basketballjunky 1976 Wrote: Pike Central handed it to Belfey last night but in Belfry’s defense, they are young.  Also Pike Central is playing as well as anybody right now winning 13 of the last 15.
They’re playing good but they aren’t beating other teams by 68 points. For Belfry historians, is 68 points the worst loss in program history? Rigdon had 34. So if he was the only scorer Pike Central still wins by 3
Definitely not by 68 points but to put it in perspective… Rigdon hasn’t played an entire game since the Hatfield McCoy shootout. Prior to that, he and Stewart play 32 minutes every night bc they are needed.  PCC has pretty much handled everyone since then.  I don’t mean to make excuses for Belfry and by no means am I a Belfry fan but they are young and inexperienced.  With some work and experience they will get better.  Also, the other guys besides the big 2 stepped up.  Grant Hall really flipped the switch in the last few weeks and that has been the catalyst for their success. He has affected games thru defense, facilitation and scoring when needed.   Then last night Slone hit shots that he’s always been capable of.   PCC is very dangerous right now and I don’t think people have taken notice.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see them cut the nets down.  I hope Belfry can turn it around next year bc I know there is so much tradition and there’s a lot of pride on Pond Creek.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pike Central 99 Belfry 31 (60th District Championship) - by Basketballjunky 1976 - 03-01-2024, 06:31 PM