Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Royal Rumble
(12-29-2023, 02:58 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I would like to see them do something different with the tag team belts though. Right now it is a watered down title(s). They have some good options but haven't went with them since the Usos lost. I am not a fan of nontraditional tag teams being the champs. Of course that may be the issue as they don't push that division as hard. Priest and Falor are singles guys with the belts. Imperium would have been a good tag team champion team but seems they are always trying to break up tag teams and factions. Giving them the belts with Gunther being the IC could give Judgement Day a good run but then that would be two heel factions. I could see New Day maybe getting another run or DIY as they are starting to fire back up.

On the women's side I am curious as to who will beat Rhea. I could see a feud with Becky Lynch coming up after her and Nia Jax finish theirs up.

You mentioned Jade earlier, but I am like you. I am thinking there is something there they aren't seeing because they was pushing her signing hard and now hardly any mention of her. Some of the better female wrestlers are on smackdown though so they may have to push someone winning Royal Rumble to challenge Rhea but I think Bayley will go after Iyo as it is clear they are pushing for Damage Control turning on her or the other way around maybe.

I'm almost entirely lapsed at this point. What are the feuds/tensions heading into the Rumble?

I've read that there's some tension between Priest and the rest of Judgment Day, know that Heyman and The Bloodline are at odds with Aldis, saw The Rock's return, and know that Rollins will be on the shelf for awhile.

What's the situation with Cody? Same for Punk-- who has he been interacting with and what's being teased? (I haven't seen Punk and Cody's face-off from RAW yet).

I'd have to think that Punk is the odds on favorite with Cody, The Rock, Gunther, Jey Uso, Drew McIntyre, and LA Knight following. Of those, I guess any could win, but I struggle to see them pulling the trigger on LA Knight.

Wondering how they're going to book the Wrestlemania main events. The Rock versus Roman Reigns seems like a no-brainer, but it also may be a little premature, as there seemingly hasn't been tons of build.

Does Cody get his moment? If so, does winning Rollins' title really satisfy that in a way that "finishes his story"?

You'd have to think that CM Punk negotiated a Wrestlemania main event (and Rumble win?) into his contract. Main eventing 'Mania seemed to be such big deal in the events surrounding his first departure and those are each some of the few things that he hasn't done. Even so, I don't know that it's the right time to end Roman's streak (especially for Punk) and don't know that you want to risk cooling either him or Cody with a loss to the other.

I'm guessing that Punk wins the Rumble, goes on to Main Event Night 2 of Wrestlemania against Reigns with the Heyman angle being played up. You can stil involve The Rock in the match somehow.

Cody draws an early number and is eliminated by someone like Punk or Gunther, then begins a program for Rollins' vacant title that main events Night 1 of Wrestlemania.
Messages In This Thread
2024 Royal Rumble - by Cactus Jack - 12-21-2023, 05:38 PM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Bluecat - 12-24-2023, 01:18 PM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Cactus Jack - 12-29-2023, 12:00 AM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Bluecat - 12-29-2023, 01:05 AM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Cactus Jack - 12-29-2023, 02:43 AM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Bluecat - 12-29-2023, 02:58 PM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Cactus Jack - 12-29-2023, 04:32 PM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Cactus Jack - 01-23-2024, 03:59 PM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Bluecat - 01-24-2024, 01:24 PM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Bluecat - 01-28-2024, 01:05 PM
RE: 2024 Royal Rumble - by Cactus Jack - 02-02-2024, 04:14 AM