Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
37.14%
Covington Catholic
62.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
(11-20-2023, 02:44 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:33 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Boyle LCA 2nd game of the season enough said and LCA’s defense gave up a lot of points to the better teams they played this year defense was not their strong suit!

(11-20-2023, 02:19 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I believe Boyle Co beat LCA by 9, on their own field. Mayfield beat LCA by 22 on their own field. PT beat Mayfield by 7 on their own field. The numbers add up.

(11-20-2023, 02:19 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I believe Boyle Co beat LCA by 9, on their own field. Mayfield beat LCA by 22 on their own field. PT beat Mayfield by 7 on their own field. The numbers add up.

Come on 55 your a football guy do you actually think Boyle’s defense is the same as it was against LCA the second game of the season?
I 100% agree with that. That was what I couldn’t figure as to how they kept getting the lions share of press. Champions have to play defense. Offense is nice but, defense wins the big one. I’m not just saying what I said because of the scores. I’m basing it on the talent that I see on the field. I’ve watched high school ball for many years. I cannot recall a more talented team than PT has this year. That is saying a lot. Now, can they penalize and turnover themselves into losing, yes. That is the best bet for Cov Cath or Boyle against PT. Just remember how much everyone thought of them 2 years ago, as sophomores, when they almost beat Belfry in the 3a title game. This is that bunch as seniors, only with more talent, including 2 four star athletes added to the mix.

Let’s travel back two years and assess those Tilghman sophomores that lost to a 6 loss Belfry team who had a cakewalk to the finals the last good team Belfry played that season was JC which beat Belfry like a drum 48-22 the same JC team that the Boyle Sophomores beat for the state championship 30-13 food for thought!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • CC117
Messages In This Thread
RE: Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic 11/24 4th Round Playoffs - by Jack Lambert - 11-20-2023, 03:29 PM