Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Betsy Layne 21 Prestonsburg 7 (1st Rd Playoffs)
(11-07-2023, 09:46 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I've been out and about all over town this past weekend, and everyone you talk to seems to agree that it's time for change within the football program. I don't have a problem with keeping Brewer on as a teacher or another role in the school system, but it's time for a new coach a the helm. I'm getting mixed signals from people in the know about what the future holds next year. Some are saying Brewer is gone, and some are saying the high school principal has no intention of letting Brewer go. I'm to the point I agree with everyone else on this page about the Administration not caring about the present or the future of Prestonsburg athletics. What people don't understand is the best football players in the feeder systems are your best basketball and baseball players as well. If these kids leave then all programs are going to suffer. It just doesn't make any sense!

I have gotten mixed signals on the future of the current head coach as well. I agree with everything you’re saying. The last few sentences are especially true! I worry that about 6-8 football players are leaving. If they do, it’ll be detrimental to the future of the program.

I never thought I’d see a world where players leave for Betsy Layne. No offense to Betsy Layne. I just think that speaks volumes to how well the staff at BL have built a program from the ground up.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatPride32's post:
  • Blackcat 4 Life, Westside
Messages In This Thread
RE: Betsy Layne 21 Prestonsburg 7 - by jetpilot - 11-03-2023, 10:36 PM
RE: Betsy Layne 21 Prestonsburg 7 - by Khalisimo - 11-03-2023, 10:37 PM
RE: Betsy Layne 21 Prestonsburg 7 (1st Rd Playoffs) - by BlackcatPride32 - 11-07-2023, 11:34 AM