Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPI - Needs something else to be effective
So I guess this was a new rule this year, so if am I reading this correct if Ashland plays Raceland(1A) and Russell (3A) as their first two contests against a smaller class, they are both considered 4A victories?

"Beginning with the 2023 season, the first two contests of the year played against a team in a smaller class will not have the opponent’s class factor applied within the OWP and thus, OOWP calculation but will instead be treated as both teams being in the same class.
However, all contests played against opponents in a higher class will have the class factor applied to the more highly classified opponent.
With this new provision for two play-downs, when calculating OWP and OOWP in football, there are no “Playing Down” exemptions."

Regardless, a few states use RPI with the same results, as long as WP is the same value as OWP, wins will always take prevalence over SOS. Here in Lexington, RPI favors teams like Sayre, and punishes teams like Lex Cath, who have played a gauntlet schedule and are 9th in 3A RPI...give me a break.  I suppose it's like the opposite our an American economy, RPI is for the middle man HA!.
Messages In This Thread
RE: RPI - Needs something else to be effective - by Thrillex - 10-30-2023, 02:13 PM