Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPI - Needs something else to be effective
I don't hate the RPI but we need a something else factored in.  I don't know what it is but every year the seeding seem whackier and whackier.

E.G. Rockcastle loses 1 game and beats Bell at Bell.  Bell is 4 spots ahead in the RPI than Rock. Rock won district and If Bell and Rock play in the playoffs Bell will be home team.

Raceland's losses to Highlands Ashland and LCA all of which will most likely be in the semi finals of 2a,4a and 5a did less for their RPI than Paris' win over Rock. Raceland won district and If Raceland and Paris play in the playoffs Paris will be home team.

KCD loses to Campbellsville and 9th ranked Henry County.  Campbellsville only loss is to 3rd ranked undefeated Hart County.  Campbellsville wins district and if they were to play in the playoffs (and they weren't 1 and 2) KCD would be the home team.

I don't know the answer and I'm sure there are many more examples, but what good does it do the teams to win district if they have to go play a team in their district that they already had to beat in an away game 3rd or 4th round?
Messages In This Thread
RPI - Needs something else to be effective - by HSFOOTBALL - 10-28-2023, 10:55 PM