Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rise up sports media 14th region preview
(10-05-2023, 11:02 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I admit I am a fan and biased but imo Carly Smith of Owsley is the best player in the region. She had 32 in the 4 point loss to Letcher in last year’s region, a game that saw Letcher get the first foul whistled on them 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter!
And in the two games with Powell last season she outscored Caudill 44-28. But I like Caudill. She is a very good guard. However, Smith brings more to the table than just scoring. She’s a floor general and ends up with quite a few assists every game. And she’s a good defender. Just an all around great player that has been starting on the varsity since 8th grade. Tons of experience.
They both have their own strengths and weaknesses. Smith has much more help. I’m sure that when Caudill played Owsley in those games she was guarded by all 5 Owsley players at times. Smith don’t see the doubles n sometimes triples that Caudill sees. I like both players. There no question that is the 2 best players in the region.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Rise up sports media 14th region preview - by Wincity - 10-05-2023, 04:30 PM