Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(06-05-2022, 12:06 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 10:44 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 08:40 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:06 AM)sacbunt Wrote: Mays called the parent. Parent recorded it because he is staying at Boyd. They are archivals in the same district, Why wouldn't he give it to the Boyd coaching staff?

Also, Mays did trash his team's players trying to coax the kid into coming. That's a fact.

Don't be surprised if this isn't over yet.
This is incorrect and false. Parent called Mays when the coach and his family were on vacation. I suppose he was shopping his kid around. He supposedly also called another school, in the 10th region, or was thinking of doing it. There was no “coaxing” on Mays’s part. His mistake was even talking to the guy but he is friendly with anyone he talks to. He would probably have a conversation with car warranty phone caller if the subject went to basketball, lol. 
And Mays would never “trash” his players. He loves those young men like they are his family. 
As I’ve said before in this thread, there’s a lot of misinformation and distortions in some of these posts. Most of it is grapevine/rumor mill stuff. He said, she said, blah, blah, blah.

Then it should not be a problem to release the recording to the public, would you not agree?
It wouldn’t be a problem with me but I’m not the decision maker in what happens in that county’s school systems. Most systems keep these type things in-house and handle it. Most colleges do as well. I believe Administrations from the schools involved have all heard the recording. 
The big question is why would someone place a call to someone and then record it???

Good question, yes, but that the potential KHSAA violation is blatantly recruiting players.

(06-05-2022, 12:18 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:06 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 10:44 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 08:40 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:06 AM)sacbunt Wrote: Mays called the parent. Parent recorded it because he is staying at Boyd. They are archivals in the same district, Why wouldn't he give it to the Boyd coaching staff?

Also, Mays did trash his team's players trying to coax the kid into coming. That's a fact.

Don't be surprised if this isn't over yet.
This is incorrect and false. Parent called Mays when the coach and his family were on vacation. I suppose he was shopping his kid around. He supposedly also called another school, in the 10th region, or was thinking of doing it. There was no “coaxing” on Mays’s part. His mistake was even talking to the guy but he is friendly with anyone he talks to. He would probably have a conversation with car warranty phone caller if the subject went to basketball, lol. 
And Mays would never “trash” his players. He loves those young men like they are his family. 
As I’ve said before in this thread, there’s a lot of misinformation and distortions in some of these posts. Most of it is grapevine/rumor mill stuff. He said, she said, blah, blah, blah.

Then it should not be a problem to release the recording to the public, would you not agree?
It wouldn’t be a problem with me but I’m not the decision maker in what happens in that county’s school systems. Most systems keep these type things in-house and handle it. Most colleges do as well. I believe Administrations from the schools involved have all heard the recording. 
The big question is why would someone place a call to someone and then record it???

Good question, yes, but that the potential KHSAA violation is blatantly recruiting players.  So no the big question is not who originated the call, why it was recorded, etc. It is the content of the conversation.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA - by SocratesKy - 06-05-2022, 12:18 PM