Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
2022 State Champion Predictor Thread
(05-07-2022, 10:09 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: It does seem comical to those who didn’t watch these two play in the playoffs last year. Lawrence County has improved on both sides of the ball in the past two seasons and have a very good underclassman group to add to the mix as well. They will be sound defensively with plenty of talent offensively. It will be a battle but Lawrence has closed the gap and is very capable of winning this matchup. I get the whole concept “you’re not the favorite until you beat the favorite” but I believe Lawrence was the better “ team” last season. Belfry just happened to have the best player and Mr. Football. That made the whole difference.

I know LC is hanging their hat on the Playoff game.  What should be noted is that Belfry was without two of their best lineman in that game.  No doubt Belfry had the best player on the field….but when healthy … Belfry was the overall better team IMO. 

As for this upcoming season….IMO Paducah Tilghman should be the prohibitive favorite to win 3A.  No ifs, ands or buts.    While Belfry will return some talent….replacing Dixon….and finding a playmaker to go with the ground and pound style will be critical.    As a matter of fact….This could be LC’s best chance at taking down the Pirates.   However….if it doesn’t happen this coming season…I don’t seen it coming at all any time soon.   Belfry has a boatload of young talent coming.     I think a lot will depend on just how long Haywood remains on the sidelines.    Here’s hoping he has a few years left in the tank.   Good luck to LC, Magoffin, PCC and the rest.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 State Champion Predictor Thread - by OutlawJoseyWales - 05-11-2022, 06:32 PM