Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
51.06%
Johnson Central
48.94%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs Johnson Central 4A state championship
(11-29-2021, 02:15 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:05 PM)BCSO Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 02:37 AM)Diogenes Wrote: We have to defend. If we're gonna win, we have to defend like 2019. That's how we win, if we can. I hope. And hope
Is best thing.

And hope for the turnover bug to hit again. Don’t get me wrong. Johnson Central defensively played a very good game against Boyle County is 2019. But ultimately the 4 or 5 turnovers killed them along with the extra point. Some of that can be credited to JC. That 2019 State Championship game was one of the best I had seen in a long time.
Those four turnovers were not unforced and several incomplete passes, including the last one thrown to Reese Smith were the result of heavy contact before the receiver could secure possession of the ball. IMO, Boyle County tried to force the ball to its primary playmaker a little too often instead of taking what the JC defense was giving them. Colwick had a great game but he was open often enough to have had a much bigger game. I think that if Boyle County had played a little more conservatively on offense, then they probably would have had fewer turnovers and won the 2019 title.

This Boyle County team > That Boyle County team
I don't think so. This is an excellent Boyle County team but I cannot imagine the 2019 Boyle County team being held to 16 points by 2021 Lexington Catholic. I know that BC routed LC in the playoffs but the 2019 team was an offensive juggernaut that did not take their foot off of the accelerator. This Boyle County team is good enough to beat Johnson Central with a great game but they are no more invincible than the 2019 team was. I recall a few BC fans ready to declare the 2019 team the school's best of all time if they won the 2019 state title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hatz
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle vs Johnson Central 4A state championship - by Hoot Gibson - 11-29-2021, 04:46 PM