Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 7 Paintsville 5 (15th Region Championship)
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:It's people like you twentythree who make SC look bad. I wasn't putting anyone down, I do believe I said I wasn't taking anything away from the Horn kid, he did a good job, BUT YES, he was throwing meat and if YOU ever played or knew ANYTHING about baseball then you would know that fastballs chest and waist high down the middle of the plate was MEAT. And don't start about freshmen handling pressure like that, you forget I played with Chas and Tate Harmon who BOTH pitched in games like that when they were Freshmen. "And you're right that Paintsville didn't hit the ball worth a shit, when do they ever?" Hmm, didn't B May pitch the complete game AT Paintsville, didn't Paintsville put up some good numbers that game, didn't Andrew Brown blast TWO HOME RUNS off B May that game. B May is a hell of a player, I will even agree with the post earlier about him being the best baseball player to ever play at SC, BUT to say he would have shut Paintsville down is absurd, I don't care how good you are things happen, I have seen them happen. Hell me Junior year Pikeville beat us in the region championship and we pitched Chas Harmon, the BEST pitcher in the region and area, they beat us 2-1. Not to mention we had beat Pikeville earlier in the year with ease when Chas pitched. "Are you kidding me? How are you going to make the statement "Paintsville should've mercied Sheldon Clark..." when Sheldon Clark defeated Paintsville TWICE in the season." Doesn't matter how many times SC beat them in the regular season. SC pitched a FRESHMAN who was serving up batting practice and Paintsville didn't do anything with it. They should have scored 15-20 runs on that kid. I'm not saying isn't any good, I'm saying he was throwing fastballs in the HOT ZONES if you know what I mean. I'll give you a better example TWENTYTHREE, maybe you will understand this one. Pike Central MERCIED East Ridge TWICE this year, East Ridge BEATS Pike Central FIRST ROUND of regions. Does that help you understand anything about what I am saying. Baseball is unpredictable, ANYTHING can happen on any given night no matter who is pitching or whatever.

First of all, the make the assumption that I know nothing about Baseball is absurd. For one, you don't know me personally, so a personal attack is severely out of line. If you knew ME... I could understand it, maybe, but you absolutely do NOT, so take a step backward.

And maybe I went too far trashing Paintsville. But they were honestly OVERRATED... In my personal opinion, they didn't deserve to make it out of districts. I'll reinforce my earlier statement, they were BLESSED with the draw they got. Sheldon Clark put in the work and they had the heart, and EARNED the Regional Title.

The reason I got defensive is YOU were making ridiculous notions. Brady Horn pitched well as a freshman... meat or no meat your team didn't take advantage. And to state that Sheldon Clark should've been mercied? You said yourself Baseball is unpredictable (I know this from EXPERIENCE) so WHY make crazy statements about SC being MERCIED by a team they beat TWICE in the regular season?

Seriously.
Messages In This Thread
Sheldon Clark 7 Paintsville 5 (15th Region Championship) - by twentythree - 06-01-2006, 06:42 PM