Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
U.S. inflation soars in April to 13-year high, CPI shows
(07-29-2021, 07:15 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 06:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 06:17 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 05:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 04:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Would love to see at least the 10% CD'S make a comeback Your right Quooter doesn't have a clue he has leached off the taxpayer's for many years. He did say he hel's at a Island Creek mine in Martin County.
I set spads and was a brush cutter one summer while I was in college but my knowledge of coal and coal mining engineering and operations is far deeper and broader than yours, Welfare King. That was another pretty feeble attempt at an insult. A Welfare King should not be casting stones at anybody else's career or careers.
Quooter go ahead and tell yourself that I have forgotten more about coal mining than you ever learned. Now I bet the government helped you get your so called college education. You need to see if they can get you a refund unless you got a degree in DumbA$$
you are top of the class on that subject
You had a job in or around a coal mine that you probably managed to hold onto only with the help of the UMWA. Anybody reading your posts can judge for themselves your attitude toward honest work. It took a union and probably family connections to keep you employed and now you are obviously not employable. You have shown in previous threads in this forum that you really don't know much about coal mining. How many years did you work before filing an injury claim? Don't bother answering that question because I know you will reply with a lie.
Quooter after Reagan the Union's just about dried up all but northern WV and Penn. Quooter I worked almost 42 years underground worked through Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama, and your King gave it up last August if I could have made it 2 more months would of have 42 years started oct 11 1978 quit august 15 2020 when they shut the last underground coal mine down in Ming County and NO injury claim filed except black lung. You have not done a hard day's work in your life would bet my house on it if you have even worked. Your on here all the time couldn't have much of a job if any at all.
You have already admitted previously that you are drawing disability checks and anybody can look up our posting histories and see that you post more than twice as frequently as I do. The first job that I had was as a general laborer in the UMWA during the summer after my high school graduation. From that job, I worked in nearly every department for Island Creek in its management training program. I supervised the use of Marion shovels and Lectra Haul trucks that Island Creek leased to contractors on several large strip operations. I also worked as a foreman at a large underground mining equipment maintenance shop for nine months, among other positions.

After four years, I became a registered professional engineer before leaving Island Creek to manage an engineering department for another large mining company for 15 years. In other words, while you claimed to be working in underground mines, I was designing underground and surface mines and supervising Autocad technicians and teams of surveyors. I also taught myself computer programming and now have nearly 20 years experience in my second career.

I am confident that you have not forgotten more about coal mining than I know. I am also confident that you have never worked any harder than I did as a general laborer. But I learned quickly that would rather get paid for my ability to solve problems than my ability to carry rock dust all night long.

As for getting a refund for my education, most of the cost of my education was covered by academic scholarships, and that education has kept me working for more than 40 years. I have no plans to retire either. As long as I am capable of getting paid for work that I enjoy doing, I intend to keep working. If I stop enjoying what I am doing, then I will start another career. As long as I can type and think, I am pretty sure that I can avoid becoming a government dependent.
Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. inflation soars in April to 13-year high, CPI shows - by Hoot Gibson - 07-29-2021, 08:07 PM