Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus
I have been giving a great deal of consideration to a few things of late. But to understand any or all things, all one must do to accomplish that is to return to the word of God. And in order to understand the attitude of the men, who these days have turned the CV pandemic into a political argument, there is in the Bible tremendous insight to be had to that end.

Rev 16:9
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God.
'This reveals that the human heart is incurably wicked. No amount of punishment will purify it and change it.' [Thru The Bible with J. Vernon McGee.]

Extrapolated for application with regard to the present argument which we're having over how to deal with CV-- As I have pointed out, the real fight here pits two sides, the secular humanistic way, versus God's way. Good against evil, or man insisting he can handle things around here for himself if you will, and he doesn't need God. But there are two things to be seen in Revelation verse 9 that I find very interesting. The first being the source of the great heat which will smite men.

Speaking to His people about the Tribulation, the Lord makes this promise "The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night" (Ps. 121:6).

I have always maintained that global warming will not impact our lives, and I still see things that way. However, once the Trib starts and the 4 horsemen ride all bets are off, and so there is coming a time when global warming will in fact decimate this earth.
Rev 16:8 (KJV)
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

I don't know if the left's present hysteria with global warming is born of fear coupled with intuition, or fear coupled with contempt, but the irony is that the alarmists will one day realize that reality. But if you will notice-- the scorching heat comes via the Angel pouring out the 4th Bowl Judgment, not the tail pipe of your 66 Chevelle.

The preceding paragraph was included by way of digression, but the weightier matter is at the end of Rev 9-- "and (men) blasphemed the name of God."

Again as J Vernon pointed out. Being that the hearts of men are desperately wicked, no amount of force, or coercion; not the decades old argument between the left and the right, nor reams of evidence, or any manner of threat or punishment, could ever change it. The only way man's heart could ever be changed is via the miracle of God's own salvation. In the faces and arguments being made by the left one sees the intractable lockdown of the hearts of men as that applies to their rebellion against the truth. So what are the actual ignoble origins of the so-called resistance set in motion against the present federal government? The hearts of men are desperately wicked and the present day 'resistance,' though one may chose to put any man's face on it he may choose, is against conservatism and ultimately that One to Whom conservatives owe their allegiance. Almighty God.

Jeremiah 17:8-9 (KJV) [/B]
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-17-2020, 06:06 AM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 03-21-2020, 05:25 AM
Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 05-10-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by Calvin_Gordon08 - 12-29-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 07-21-2021, 09:55 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by vector#1 - 07-22-2021, 11:31 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by Old School Hound - 07-22-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: Corona Virus - by TheRealThing - 08-06-2021, 02:33 PM
RE: Corona Virus - by vector#1 - 08-06-2021, 03:15 PM