Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at Paintsville?
IISnakE Wrote:2000PHS, Thank you so much for allowing us to discuss this in a nice fashion. I believe we want what is best for the STUDENT-ATHLETES. I FIRMLY WANT SOLID MATH & SCIENCE TEACHERS FIRST, but if we're gonna have to hire a MATH TEACHER, WHY NOT HIRE ONE THAT BRINGS MORE TO THE TABLE?(if this MATH TEACHER CAN BRING SOLID CHRISTIAN VALUES, AN ELE. SCIENCE TEACHER, AND 3 STUDENTS, then bring them on! HooHaw!)
I'm sure JTA knows football, sometimes good things can come to those who wait. Sounds like this one should be given hearty consideration because the choices we make now will impact the STUDENTS well into the future and that doesn't mean just the athletes! Our community needs to be producing its own engineers, doctors, dentists, accountants, etc! Some of these folks might attend college due to an athletic scholarship, but most will attend due to strong academics! If our choice for a strong MATH teacher can serve double duty with FOOTBALL and FCA, then I believe both Rains and Allen could work well together. How exciting would it be for both gentlemen to get that opportunity? All students could get behind that combination both in the classrooms and on the field! I'm with you, finish one project (Field of Dreams) before opening another new can of worms!

I agree we need the best teachers in every subject and I fully understand that the majority of students (over 99%) will be going pro in something other than athletics.( to steal a line from an NCAA advertisement). Hopefully whoever we bring on to coach will make this a place they retire from and aren't just using this as a stepping stone(not implying Mr. Rains would this because I know nothing about him) I don't see how Paintsville could go wrong with either decision.

PS-You will notice that when it comes PHS I want the best for them, and not just on the field but also in the class room because thats what PHS is all about. I say this with full conviction- may the best man get the job because that's what the kids of our great school deserve. :thumpsup:
Messages In This Thread
Who will be the next coach at Paintsville? - by 2000PHS - 03-27-2006, 01:38 AM