Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
54.55%
Corbin
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
smoke1015 Wrote:I agree with you, but you did not play Central in the regular season... The others for sure.

I have picked Corbin and will stick with that. If Boyle does somehow end up being faster than Central (I know Boyle has great track speed)...But if Boyle proves to have a true match at receiver for Central's best kid, this game will be a nail biter. I am of the mind, right now, to think that Central's WR's are a bit more versatile. But one of the main strengths of Corbin is their secondary, and Central had one kid they simply couldn't defend at times. Does Boyle truly have that. I know what the numbers say. I know that you had some of the top receivers in 3A. Guess what?! Casey county had THE top receiver in 3A as far as numbers. Corbin played him pretty well. Central had a receiver even faster who ran routes just as well, and Corbin did struggle with him. Now to see if Boyle's kids are for real against this type of defense. They have played a team as good (maybe) as Corbin this yea, Danville, and lost. In my opinion Corbin just defeated a team that maybe they weren't supposed to beat. This and the 2A game are my picks for the 2 best games in the finals

Boyle co may be better than central, they may be worse, we will never really know. But one thing I think that I know, there is no way in gods green earth that they are faster than central. They may have a kid here or there, but overall, NO way! That teams skills positions, every one of them could fly. But as we found out last week, it’ll take more than speed anyways. I don’t think Boyle’s lead WR will win them the game. If they do win, it’ll have to be a combination, kind of like central tried. Although they were very predictable. The good thing for us is our defense backs and coverage. If anything, the game against central gave us a leg up on that aspect of it, because I don’t think we’ll see better WR’s than they had overall.

Another thing that will benefit us, that no one has talked about, is close game- battling it out- experience. We’ve now had 4 games that have been down to the wire, where one play could change everything. And so far, for the most part the Hounds have met the challenge. I believe that experience- gained from playing mayfield, Alcoa, beechwood- helped us against central. It should also give us the benefit if it’s close against Boyle. Which I’d say is a good possibility. You can’t really practice those situations, and the experience gained from it for us is invaluable.
Messages In This Thread
Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) - by Hound05 - 11-26-2017, 05:04 AM