Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I read most of this thread and I ask the Belfry folks to look at how many posts most of the "pot stirrers" from Corbin have made. They are just guys who have made accounts with no other goal than to stir up trouble. That being said they're have been some comments made about Campbell field. We Corbin faithful love our home field, and we tend to get defensive when people throw off on it. We have CHOSEN to keep our field the way it is. A very wealthy family in corbin offered to pay for a new turf playing surface to be put in about 8 years ago and it was turned down. We want to play on a natural surface. I live 300 yards from the football field and I can tell you first hand that there is no downpour over Campbell field. I think it was obvious that those comments were made in jest, but some fans really got angry over them so I figured I would clear that up. The last thing I will say is that it's not just Corbin who wants to have he region championship at the arena. It's EVERY other school in the region EXCEPT Harlan county. And when Harlan county is up to host the region it is held at Harlan county. I don't really understand the problem there. To the fans of Belfry, you will be treated with class and respect when you get here Friday. There will not be anyone parking empty cars to keep you from parking near the field. There is however very limited parking around the field, but you can park and walk a few hundred yards to get to the field. I wouldn't be surprised if busses are ran from depot street to the field too. It'll probably be 3-4 people deep around the fence, it will make for a GREAT atmosphere!!! Best of luck to the pirates but I hope we beat your tails. I'm sure you all feel the same way. I can wait to see what this thread looks like by Friday!!

I always assumed they kept the stadium as is because it has "character".
Messages In This Thread
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals** - by pjdoug - 11-21-2016, 04:41 AM