Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Mountain rb's that you have seen over the past 10 years
From Johnson Central...

Scott Salyer. Basically put the 2000 Golden Eagle team on his back and carried them, especially in the regular season finale against Boyd County (and that was one of the better high school football games I've ever seen). Had he not been injured in the second round against Tates Creek, it's hard to say what might've happened, as that game was 6-0 at halftime and Central had already beaten Tates Creek once that season in Lexington.

Mike Bowlin. Can't believe this name hadn't shown up yet. Had he not gotten injured against Bell County in the 1997 second round game on Log Mountain...Central was leading this game with two minutes left when he hurt his leg and had to come out, then the Bobcats "completed" their bouncing pass in the mud, and then ran right over Bowlin's vacated spot on defense to score their last-second winning touchdown. He's now in medical school at UK. Guy was incredible. I would've liked to have seen what he could've done on the college level somewhere, but he chose to emphasize academics (and I certainly can't argue with that).
Messages In This Thread
Best Mountain rb's that you have seen over the past 10 years - by Black Eagle - 03-01-2006, 06:10 AM