Poll: Who makes the trip to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
68.24%
Bourbon County
31.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13
On my day of thanks, firstly I am thankful for God and all he has blessed me with and my family and friends, of course, but that's not what this post is for.

I am thankful for Belfry football. The opportunities I've had and will continue to have stemming from this communtiy. I am thankful for the friends I have made as a result of this one common interest, or even the friends I made at my previous job suiting everyone up with the newest Belfry gear... such as Pirate1991#8

I am thankful for a small town, where there doesn't have to be "something to do" every weekend, and we don't need a club to have fun. Where the company of the ones we love the most is enough for us. I am thankful for a few short weeks of a year where my something to do is get together with my closest friends on Pond Creek and cheer on both kids I've went to school with, friends of family, family of friends, etc. Kids I've watched grow up, kids I've grown up with. And the other 30+ weeks a year talking about the upcoming seasons at baseball games, basketball games, the supermarket, and wherever you cross the path of someone in a red and white sweatshirt. I am thankful for Philip Haywood and the values and impact he has had on this small town where his words and attitude are echoed and reflected. I am thankful for, what will always be to me, the greatest tradition on Earth. As coal falls around us, we still have bright lights tucked in these mountains that turn on for a select few Friday nights a year and provides the one thing these people live for. Your city lights may light up the sky nightly, but to us, those Friday Night lights that we may see 5-8 times a year shine so much brighter than any city skyline in all the world. Today... I am thankful for Thursday football practice. I am thankful for yet another opportunity to see a new place I've never been in Paris, Kentucky. I am thankful for God blessing me to be part of this all and finally I am thankful for the Pond Creek Nation, because the Nation is a large group where everyone may not know everyone, but we share one common love, and know each others names. No one understands how much this town, these people, this community, and this football team means to me.

I am thankful to be a Belfry Pirate. See you all Friday, God bless & GO BELFRY.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13 - by Belfry0304 - 11-28-2013, 05:16 AM