Poll: Who makes the trip to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
68.24%
Bourbon County
31.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13
I bet we will see a few more states' license plates at this game being Thanksgiving weekend. Virginia will be one other that is represented. You can count that as WV if you want since they were a part of Virginia so many years back. I have paid attention to BC's district for many years due to my sister ties to the community. My sister is also a former teacher of the BC head coach. She has nothing but good things to say about him and his family. They in turn also had a lot of good things to say about the Belfry Program and the respect that they received while on Pond Creek. This game will be a very fun game to watch and I am very excited about it now as I would be at any game at this level. No team gets to this point of the season without a lot of hard work, sweat and tears. One will walk away in defeat and the other will advance to play another game on a bigger stage. The game of high school football is so special for me and my family. I love the fact that I am a Pirate and will always value being part of such a big family. My daughter will never spend a day at Belfry High School; however, she understands what it means to be a Pirate. I will always pull for mountain teams no matter who it is; however, I cannot say that was the way I looked at it in my younger years. We can go back and forth on here about a weak schedule, less experience and any other statistic that we need to prove our individual points why one team will beat the other one. It is so great that we can talk all week and it means very little to the outcome of this game. That’s why they play the game. May the best team move on to BG and the other walk off the field with their heads up knowing that they had a great season to make it this far. Good luck to both teams and I hope everyone travels safely to and from the game. We are so lucky to be part of something gigantic in the lives of the young men that will play this game on Friday night.

Belfry - 28
BC- 21
Messages In This Thread
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13 - by BelfryJustice - 11-26-2013, 08:58 PM