Poll: Who makes the trip to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
68.24%
Bourbon County
31.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Some Serious Fodder For Today:

When was the last time Bourbon played in a game with as much hype, and with as much on the line, as this?

I know last year definitely is congruent in terms of what was on the line...but I am wondering if Bourbon has ever played a game with the enormity of this Friday in their program's history aside from the State Championship win.

Even in that Championship Game Bourbon entered basically with the stigma of "Nothing to Lose" being such a dark horse team that made the run... not nearly the pressure as what they have entering this week.

The next question that goes along with that is will it have an affect on the mental aspect of this game?

Belfry has been on this stage numerous times...every single player on the team has played for a State Title (even the Freshmen who played for one at the Middle School Level).. for the Seniors this is their 4th Semi-Final in a row and I would say they have played in 8-10 games where the environment was electric with their season on the line (3 State Finals, 3 Semi-Finals, the past two Breathitt Regional Finals).

There is no doubt from comments on here and on Twitter that the Bourbon players are obsessively thinking of Friday.. and with time off for Thanksgiving, that will only amplify. This could be good...but I think we can all agree that it could also be a bad thing for Bourbon if they come out tight.

The players arent thinking obsessively about the game, they are actually pretty relaxed. It's the fans who seem to be obsessing. This group of seniors have had a great run of success, even through Middle School going undefeated in their 7th and 8th grade season. That being said, you are probably correct in saying that this game will have the most hype and expectations behind it. I promise this game will not disappoint!
Messages In This Thread
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13 - by footballfan24 - 11-25-2013, 03:20 PM