Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the most overated star in pro sports
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:When I bring my own background into the picture--you are correct--I did answer my own questions. And I guess I didn't explain things well enough. Simply because I thought I was pretty clear.

In regard to the first point--keep in mind---the win total may not matter--but you have to win games in the NFL or you don't even make the playoffs. Pittsburgh's record has a little more to do with the fact that their QB was out for a period of time. With him back there-they win more games easily.

Elway may have made it to the super bowl, but I think that most would argue that he had a lot of talent to work with as well. And their wasn't even anywhere near as much parity as there is now. As his career progressed, that is when things worked out for him (to the point where some of his skills were deterriorating).

In the end--if things stay the same as now--then your argument is valid. But now, at the very least, it is way too early to talk about Manning being over rated.

I don't think so because, like I said, Elway made it to a Super Bowl, and he may have had some talent, but he's not loaded with it like Manning is year in and year out
Messages In This Thread
Who is the most overated star in pro sports - by BFritz - 02-05-2006, 05:27 PM