Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The American public the most gullible of all time?
TheRealVille Wrote:I notice no one wants to address the posts about the 6+ trillion that the wars and the Pakistan conflict have added to the deficit. TRT wants to chant the 17T deficit, but ignores what wars have added to it. :dontthink

I didn't speak to it so far for a reason. I don't agree with you. According to Cost of War .com, we've spent 1.4 trillion since 2001 on war with Iraq and war in Afghanistan combined. http://costofwar.com/

You usually just disappear or bail out semi-gracefully when one of your arguments runs out of steam. But, while we're noticing when the other doesn't answer the bell, address, at long last, this one for me. You can swallow a camel when speaking of the 7 trillion Obama added to the debt in a scant four years. But, the gnat that gags you in the form of the 5 trillion George W added in 8 years is entirely unpalatable for you. And, I know why you don't source your blanket contempt for Bush with your vague references to his supposedly having "put the country in a hole." But, my question is this. When are you going to admit that America took a 3 Trillion dollar hit as the result of the terror attacks of 9/11? That expense is separate from the wars that were fought subsequently BTW. You subtract that 3 trillion from the George W era deficit, and we get down to 2 trillion for 8 years. That's a paltry 250 billion a year. Now, if Obama could come within a light year of George's fiscal prowess, we'd all hear the angels singing!

In any event. A bi-partisan Congress voted to FUND those wars. Nancy, Hillary and Harry even helped spear head the legislation. But, if it makes you feel good to blame Bush (boy there's a novel idea for ya!) I'm sure there is an empty seat on the blame Bush bus. Confusednicker:

But, I should thank you for giving me an opportunity to revisit a topic I like to talk about. And, I like to keep the record straight for liberals fascinated with George's accomplishments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
The American public the most gullible of all time? - by TheRealThing - 03-24-2013, 12:06 AM