Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best players in 7th/8th grade in eastern Ky?
GoBigRed66 Wrote:I know that a lot of people feel this way..but my child will start high school at 13 yrs old and may and i said may be ask to play in a varsity game in that case he would possibly be playing against men of 18 or 19 yrs of age. Yes here in eastern ky holdbacks are the norm but by this being the norm my child has played against bigger faster kids for years and it has made him a better ball player,he is not intimidated by any other players on the field not only has he learned to hit but has also learned to recieve a hit....I feel that a parent knows what is best for their child and in the land of the free makes this only one persons choice and that is the parent..IMO

Uhm, ramble on I assume? My comment on age had nothing too do with holdbacks really, i was just simply stating facts. In some cases, i child will mature much quicker and at age 13 be the same as they are at 19 and on.

Holdbacks, i see nothing wrong with it. You want your child to have the opportunity to participate at the highest level possible to play with best competition, indeed it's the only way to get better. Kudos to them if it happens to be at age 13.
Messages In This Thread
best players in 7th/8th grade in eastern Ky? - by KarnivalKat - 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM