Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Players and Teams around
BIG RN Wrote:THE MAROONS HAD 2 PLAYERS ON THE FBU TEAM. THEY WERE HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE THE OTHER KIDS ON THAT TEAM. IF THEY WOULD HAVE MADE THE FBU TEAM FROM THE CHAMPS GRANTED THEY WOULD HAVE BEAT ILLINOIS BUT BOTH TEAMS WOULD HAVE LOST THEIR SECOND GAME. I WILL NEVER BELIEVE THAT THE CHAMP IN BOTH DIVISIONS WOULD BE BETTER THAN TEAMS PICKED FROM ACROSS THE STATE. I REALIZE BOTH CHAMPS WERE 9TH GRADERS AND 8TH GRADERS RESPECTIVELY BUT I SEEN THE TEAMS 3RD IN THE NATION AND REGIONAL CHAMPS WERE VERY RESPECTABLE SHOWINGS FOR BOTH TEAMS.:hilarious:

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I disagree with you on some of it. The Northern Pulaski QB was named the final four MVP in BOTH 2010 and 2011 and is now starting varsity along with the 2 you mentioned and 3 other freshmen. My point is that sometimes a TEAM who has been together for multiple years is better than a bunch of good individuals thrown together for a few weeks, as is the case with the FBU team. Do I think the D-1 champs could have beat the FBU team? It's hard to say without actually playing the game, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Some look at the FBU teams 3rd place finish as a success and it was very respectable. But others (including myself) hear about the coaches for that team treating it as a vacation (and making fools out of themselves on some occasions as I hear from those who witnessed it) and not an opportunity to put Kentucky football on the map. You find yourself with a great opportunity such as that at hand, you grab it and play to win it. It's that simple. Team KY could have won the national championship and in my personal opinion, should have.
Messages In This Thread
Best Middle School Players and Teams around - by Wildcat18 - 09-11-2012, 09:24 AM