Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are so many candidates still trying?
tvtimeout Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing][QUOT/]I have made the point before and as soon as I figure out how to double quote I will show it. So I will have two post in response to this interesting post.

There are so many issues inside of this post it is difficult for me to decide which is the best point to begin with so I will try to in the simplest of terms:

Why?

Because you quote John Quincy Adams making poetic reference to his vision of America, for one. That vision is lost my friend. People of our time do not value what they have, nor do they share his love of country. We have been reduced to petty issues here in this land. Until you can convince the 53% of Americans that don't pay taxes and are on Uncle Sam's preferred guest list that they are not special and rather, the privilege of living free (that's living in a state of freedom, not living free in the sense of expecting the government to pay for one's wants and needs), in this great land is the real gift, a candidate like Ron Paul has no chance.

The argument has very cleverly been made to look like philosophical differences based on human rights between the Democrat and the Republican. When in reality, the argument is centered around vote buying. Entitlements for votes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by nky - 03-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by nky - 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by LWC - 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Why are so many candidates still trying? - by TheRealThing - 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM