Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims
TidesHoss32 Wrote:First of all, Hoot, Beetle, etc, I hope that you would know that I 100% respect you guys, and 99.9% of the time, I agree with you all, but not on this. I agree the federal government has the power to do many things, but not all of them. I have no fault with that statement. However, THIS is what the federal money should be spent on, in my opinion. Scale back on what needs scaled back on (handing out free checks all year long to girls with five kids with five different daddys, to the ones that refuse to work, to the literally millions of "rehabilitation centers" that allow junkies in and out 47 times a year on the taxpayers money. Stop the war on drugs altogether. The war on drugs is one of the biggest wastes of funds in this nation, and its been wasting money for 40 years. If the federal money is going to be used, use it on disasters, to take better care of our elderly people, and our veterans. I read tvtimeouts post stating "if you dont have homeowners insurance, sorry about your luck", its VERY obvious that he has not seen a 70-75 year old person have to make a decision on whether to cut off his/her electricity, not pick up their meds, or to do without homeowners insurance. I know MANY elderly people that have to do it. My step father is one of them. He passed away in January, and he lived in Naples, Florida. He was 74 yrs old, and simply didnt have the funds to pay for his car insurance, house payment, electricity, utilities, gas, and homeowners insurance. I assume most of you all are like me, thankful to not have to worry about that, but there are a lot more than you may realize that arent so fortunate. Again, this isnt a personal attack on anyone, because I honestly and truthfully respect all of you, but from the destruction I seen in Salyersville and Hager Hill (pictures do NOT do it justice), this is a stance I will stand firm on.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

From the ones that have seen the damage up close and the ones that see it on the news.
Messages In This Thread
Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims - by Wildcatk23 - 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM