Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love UK Basketball....Do I have to love Cal?
TheRealVille Wrote:No. I will always be a cat fan, but I assume sometime I will not like the coach.(ie, Billy Clyde) With that being said, I don't like Cal as much as I used to. I will give him a little time, but I'm not impressed with him as a coach. I don't make it back to the Rupp days(I was just 7 when he left), but I go way into the Joe B. days. I didn't like Tubby, but only because I hated his boring ball. He is a good floor coach and knows the game well, I think. Cal has the charisma UK wants, but if he continues to lose in the SEC, see if they don't send him packing. Dusty, I say most of these die hard Cal fans don't go much even into the Tubby days.

Most of the fans on here that listed the 1996 as the greatest team in UK history don't even know that team. My guess is, unless you were born before 1986, you really did not know anything about that team. Thus, for the most part, the die hards don't have much history with their love affair.
Messages In This Thread
I love UK Basketball....Do I have to love Cal? - by Stardust - 02-07-2011, 08:37 AM