Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this set up for Football?
ManofGOD Wrote:EXPLAIN LUCY!! I would say the more teams you play the more points you get... Some teams play in conferences that have 10 games, I know the NEKC has 6 teams. So that leaves mandatory 3 game pick up to get the required 8 game minimum. So you better bet we are going to try to schedule teams that are bigger than us to play. What do you want to do, 1. Go undefeated in your season. 2. Or play teams that will make you better. As a coach I would think to play the best teams I can find and then when the post season comes around, you should be ready to go.
Like looking at some peoples schedule they play 20 games.. (Johnson County)
But from what i inderstand, with as many kids as they have, they will play split teams.. I may be wrong.
Just dont want this to happen. Div 3 school has to play all schools bigger than them and does not win a game. BUT in reality they can play very well against teams their size... So why punish them for being in a big school dominated conference. The only way you are going to get away from that is just play Big School Conference and a Small School Conference, but you are limiting your competition and level of play.
What I am saying is that you get credit for playing in a tough conference. Lets say Frankfort plays Lex Cath..... Frankfort should get credit for playing up, thats what I am saying. And you are only bracketed with teams your division at the end of the season anyway.
Not to get to complicated but you could always get points for you oppenents wins too, now that would throw in an extra, How do you do!!
Example: I am LMS (little middle school) plays 3 div 1, plays 4 div 2, and 1 div 1 school for their 8 game minimum. SS (strength Schedule) points gives you= 180 scheduling points, and you loose to 2 div 2 schools so you win points= 140
Team LMS has a total of 320 points.

Team OMS (other middle school) div 3 plays , 5 div 1 school and 3 division 2 schools for the conference play, so they SS points of 210 but only win the 2 Div games so they get +40 for 2 wins over a div school which gives them 250 points.
LMS finishes 6-2= 320 pnts
OMS finishes 2-6= 250 ponts. LMS would be the top seed and OMS could probably play them inthe playoffs and compete with LMS better than any of their regular season opponents, So they would make it too. BUT lets say you have a Div 2 team that plays in a conference and wins the conference championship then the Winner would be the top seed inthe conference and then the runner up and then the next Highest division winner, and then the highest other division winner.

Conference results:
Div 2 school OBG wins the championship- they advance with a top seed
Div 1 school LSK gets runner up!- they will go into the seeding for their division
Div 3 school MBG gets 4th inthe conference but is the highest Div 3 school. They will be seeded.

If you win your conference, you COULD POSSIBLY be able to get a bye or home field advantage.

Then the RC's would look at seeding by points and rank the teams who did not win their conference and play close to geographical location with seeding.
#1 vs #4 @1
#2 vs #3 @ #2

plays out to week 2 winner of 1-4 plays winner of 2-3 possible second round, of course this would be determined by the number of schools in the Division and Region... BUT would help Div 3 schools get to post season play if you ar stuck in a powerhouse conference and wish to stay there and play due to geographical limitations.

Like I said this is just a thought....

Hey I like this idea.This thread needs to be brought up at the KMSFA conference this Nov.
The question I was asking you was not about playing conference teams but playing conference tournaments. I was just thinking that lets say Lex Cath finishes undefeated at 10-0, but since there are only 3 teams in their conference it would mean Lex Cath would only get to play 1 conference tournament game, where as Anderson County might be 7-3 regular season
but play 3 games in their tourney and gain added pts because they are in a bigger tournament. I may of missed it but I didn't see where you addressed this. I would think the pts would end before the conference tourney begins. But I'm not a man that would know such things......
Messages In This Thread
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-13-2010, 10:24 PM
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-13-2010, 11:07 PM
How about this set up for Football? - by knighted - 10-14-2010, 01:09 AM
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-14-2010, 01:48 AM
How about this set up for Football? - by knighted - 10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
How about this set up for Football? - by ManofGOD - 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM