Poll: Who wins this one.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
58.93%
Lawrence County
41.07%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Bell County 11/20
WildDawg Wrote:Along with a bunch of logging trucks the last time I made the trip. It's a curvy road, but the fastest way.

yea...those too....

Just be very careful...it is a beautiful ride though.
On a side note. Both fan bases need to chill a little bit. This is about the kids. No reason for so much smack talk. Regardless of the outcome Friday night, nothing will change my opinion of the Bulldogs. I'm very proud of these guys. Same goes for Bell County. I'm sure everyone is proud of their kids too. Best of luck to you guys. Here is to a injury free, and clean game. Let's show a little more class as fans.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:CATDAD2 has the better list. I was trying to come up with it in my head. Didnt have the info with me to get it correct.

Just happen to have a program with me, these guys wouldn't believe what is standing on our sideline, they would probably beat out LC starting line-up.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Billy Goldsmith started this program on it's short tradition then Chuke took it to a new level, with questionable methods and then Mcpeek continued and had the parents and administrators left the program alone it would have been fine. The folks got rid of Mcpeek even though Mcpeek had winning seasons every year and brought back Goldsmith. Goldsmiths only downfall was letting all the parents run the program. At times there were as many parents on the sidelines as players and all of them were coaching. Very confusing to players. Goldsmith is a good coach but to nice of a man. Mcpeek and Goldsmith did more for the students as far as continuing their education than any other teacher or administator at Lawrence County. The current football staff has a tremendous football IQ, all played college football and seems to care about the student more than the athlete. The education is and always has been more important than the sport or the game. The sport is just one small part of the whole individual and it is all of our responsability to try to help these young people become productive members of society.
I have nothing but respect for Billy Goldsmith. He is a great guy. I appreciate everything he did at Lawrence County. I wish him and Boone the best of luck at Boyle County and their future.
Dawg days! Wrote:So your saying we should just tell our boys to just give up? That they dont have a chance? H*LL, Why should we even waste our time and burn the fuel.

Smartest thing I've heard from an LC fan so far.
TrueDawg Wrote:Goldsmith's basically ran this program of ours in the ground. But that is neither here or there. This is about our upcoming REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

WE WANT IT MORE!

Do you wanna bet?
CatDawg Wrote:I might be biased due to the last 14 weeks of dealing with cleaning tons of threads up that didn' involved Bell County but got turned into Bell County by a FEW Bell County posters. When you are doing that everyday you tend to have Bell stuck in your head. So I will give you that and it is not MOST of Bell County but a LOUD FEW bu those same few have made MANY on here HATE Bell and that is accurrate. I've received more PMS this year complaining about Bell posters than any other school the entire time the site has been up. I guess the title went to a FEWS head. For putting everyone into that same boat I do apologize, however, I do feel that only a COUPLE have even given LC any chance whatsoever in this game. It's cool to say your team will win but it seems that oly those few will even give LC a reason to make the trip. YES, SEVERAL LC fans have been just as bad if not worse and that it noted and I'm sure Bell County has a ton of BB material from them like they needed it anyway. However, I would also like to defend them to an extent when for the last several weeks Bell fans on every LC game thread has given LC nothing but crap about everything from their schedule to the district. Even though they proved that wrong and came out and made it to the Regional Championship they still can't get any respect and I don't blame them for being sick of it. No one wants Bell fans to say LC is going to win, but it would be nice to acknowledge that it is possible and SEVERAL will not even do that.

You'll be cleaning up more than threads after Friday night, along with drying some tears. LC has NO shot; it is not POSSIBLE that LC wins. One man's opinion. Some pick with the heart and not the head.
TrueDawg Wrote:For the winners I mean Dawgs
LC Offense
OT 6' 5" 275
OG 6'1" 240
OC 6' 310
OG 6' 265 (Best LINEMAN IN THE STATE OF KY!!!! Bell will be dominated)
OT 6'1 210
FB 6'1" 240
RB 5' 11" 175
RB 5'9 170
TE 6'3" 215

What will Bell's defense look like compared to these Big boys? They better "GET OFF THE TRACKS" if not they will GET RAN OVER!!!!!!!!

The fact that every player's weight ends in a "0" or a "5" tells me you're making this up! Please be sure to be on this site after the game Friday night, if you can see the monitor through your tears.
Just let these two get it off their chest. Then maybe we can all just get along!:Thumbs:
All of you get off on the Hyden exit that will be great. All of you will be vomiting and replacing windshields. Better way would be Manchester. HWY 11 to 25E then on to Bell County.

What a minute come through HYDEN you all deserve it. Maybe you can stop and dance at the Disco tech in Straight creek.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Billy Goldsmith started this program on it's short tradition then Chuke took it to a new level, with questionable methods and then Mcpeek continued and had the parents and administrators left the program alone it would have been fine. The folks got rid of Mcpeek even though Mcpeek had winning seasons every year and brought back Goldsmith. Goldsmiths only downfall was letting all the parents run the program. At times there were as many parents on the sidelines as players and all of them were coaching. Very confusing to players. Goldsmith is a good coach but to nice of a man. Mcpeek and Goldsmith did more for the students as far as continuing their education than any other teacher or administator at Lawrence County. The current football staff has a tremendous football IQ, all played college football and seems to care about the student more than the athlete. The education is and always has been more important than the sport or the game. The sport is just one small part of the whole individual and it is all of our responsability to try to help these young people become productive members of society.
I totally agree, to add to that I think to many expected Goldsmith to take us back deep into the playoffs immediately and weren't willing to wait. Therefore, many went have Boone which wasn't right. They both were between a rock and a hard place. I'm just glad it appears to be working out for them and I'm sure if he had stayed at LC the first time he would have had some great tradition.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
HD28 Wrote:[/B]

Smartest thing I've heard from an LC fan so far.

lol...real smart bro. LC will show up ready to play.:devilflam
HD28 Wrote:The fact that every player's weight ends in a "0" or a "5" tells me you're making this up! Please be sure to be on this site after the game Friday night, if you can see the monitor through your tears.

That was what was on the preview smart guy. Confusedhh:

Who is the idiot fan that matched-up Bell's O-line to LC's O-line??? If both offenses are on the field that would be a little strange right?
Remember I said let those two fight it out and the rest can get along. Right!
WildDawg Wrote:On a side note. Both fan bases need to chill a little bit. This is about the kids. No reason for so much smack talk. Regardless of the outcome Friday night, nothing will change my opinion of the Bulldogs. I'm very proud of these guys. Same goes for Bell County. I'm sure everyone is proud of their kids too. Best of luck to you guys. Here is to a injury free, and clean game. Let's show a little more class as fans.
I am starting to feel love in the air. LOL Good post and ACCURATE!
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
An honest, unvarnished LC opinion...

Bell is outstanding. From the QB to the FB to the TB to the WRs to the line play, they are just a really outstanding football team. Well-coached, obviously well-drilled in fundamentals from youth league on up.
Plus, they have Coach Hilton, who's proven to be a spoiler for many teams in the KY high school playoffs over the years.
Add that to Bell County having the home field and I see no rational reason that LC would or should be favored in the game.
But all that being what it is, they still have to lace it up and beat a good LC team on Friday - a team that is charged up to be where it is, that has a lot of ability, a good staff leading them and tremendous community passion behind it.
It will be an honor to for LC to take on Bell County in a regional title game on Log Mountain. It will be a great atmosphere against great players and coaches and if LC can be within any sort of striking distance at all, who really knows? These aren't robots, these are high school athletes and ANYTHING can happen.
Good luck and good health to all.
let it rain it wont matter bell has played on a wet field before and won this will make no diffrence..
with rain
bell-28
lc-7

without rain
bell-35
lc-7
Three more days intill............Bell County's season is over :flush:
dbcooper Wrote:An honest, unvarnished LC opinion...

Bell is outstanding. From the QB to the FB to the TB to the WRs to the line play, they are just a really outstanding football team. Well-coached, obviously well-drilled in fundamentals from youth league on up.
Plus, they have Coach Hilton, who's proven to be a spoiler for many teams in the KY high school playoffs over the years.
Add that to Bell County having the home field and I see no rational reason that LC would or should be favored in the game.
But all that being what it is, they still have to lace it up and beat a good LC team on Friday - a team that is charged up to be where it is, that has a lot of ability, a good staff leading them and tremendous community passion behind it.
It will be an honor to for LC to take on Bell County in a regional title game on Log Mountain. It will be a great atmosphere against great players and coaches and if LC can be within any sort of striking distance at all, who really knows? These aren't robots, these are high school athletes and ANYTHING can happen.

Now that is when a team like LC becomes scary. When they compliment the other, you better beware. Nice post!!!
if it doesn't make a diffrence logmountainboy64, then why is the points diffrent when its raining? maybe you should think before you type. its causing your iq to look really low, inwhich it probably is.
Goodluck Bulldogs
CatDawg Wrote:You may be right on this one, however, you've been wrong before.
yea but i had no idea how good they was they were a great team...lawrence is a good team and had a great season and i have tons of respect for yal BUTthey are no were near as good as alcoa and yes i was wrong but this is a diffrent story......but no one get upset cause we are just on here having fun and supporting out team no harm meant.....
I KNEW this would be an entertaining thread...

Bell Co. and Lawrence Co. fans are some of the biggest smack-slingers on this website.

With that said, I gotta root for the underdog Bulldogs.

:Clap: :Clap:
oneijoe Wrote:I KNEW this would be an entertaining thread...

Bell Co. and Lawrence Co. fans are some of the biggest smack-slingers on this website.

With that said, I gotta root for the underdog Bulldogs.

:Clap: :Clap:
smart choice
After Friday, Bell County will be saying, "Coach Hilton who?"
logmountainboy64 Wrote:yea but i had no idea how good they was they were a great team...lawrence is a good team and had a great season and i have tons of respect for yal BUTthey are no were near as good as alcoa and yes i was wrong but this is a diffrent story......but no one get upset cause we are just on here having fun and supporting out team no harm meant.....
I totally understand that but how much do you really know about this LC team? Not the one that showed up last year but this one?
Since we have some new fire the last few post let's remember to keep it on topic and easy on the amount of smack. At least try to be respectful I would really hate for anyone to not being to post the rest of the week. That goes for both sides.
CatDawg Wrote:I totally understand that but how much do you really know about this LC team? Not the one that showed up last year but this one?
:Thumbs:I totally second to that statement, you don't judge a team from a past series, you have to wonder how they are now. Lawrence County has totally been impressive pulling out a BIG win over Knox Central to play in a regional championship game against a atmosphere that don't really give a benefit of a doubt to opponents that come near them.
dbcooper Wrote:An honest, unvarnished LC opinion...

Great post:Thumbs:
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:smart choice

The greatest compliment a team can get is when everyone pulls against them. That's when you know who the elite teams are. Everyone loves to hate the favorite and loves to love the underdog. That's a great compliment.
  •  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next