•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2017
Tri-State Fan Wrote:For those of us not plugged into your area, what exactly is the situation? Someone has filed suit?

I don't think so, from reading it looks as if maybe, a Corbin coach is worried his name may pop up on a phone as a parent of a player from Bell has accused them of recruiting their son. He says he file suit. It seems to stem from North Laurel reporting Corbin for recruiting a player and has taken it all the way to a meeting with the KHSAA. Who really knows, fun to read though. :Clap:
Who is actually responsible for things being investigated or sent to khsaa? The coach, the AD, or the school in general?
I wouldn't think a coach can push it that far and at some point the school has to have evidence of wrong doing.
diceman Wrote:Who is actually responsible for things being investigated or sent to khsaa? The coach, the AD, or the school in general?
I wouldn't think a coach can push it that far and at some point the school has to have evidence of wrong doing.
Who knows if they actually got any evidence, they been on BGR screaming about it for four months now, must've lost it while they were charging up the laptop for the next round of act like a psycho ex girlfriend.
:popcorn:
like sands through the hourglass...
I posted about him having to take a redshirt year not Answerthebell, my point was he had to take a year off. I know about redshirt rules and all that good stuff. If they had a redshirt rule in high school, most kids wouldn't meet the age requirements by their senior year and would not take the risk of sitting out a year.
The difference is also that the move in college was obviously for sports. MOST of the time, a kid transfers in high school because of something other than sports. They actually move, their parents get a new job in another town, or any other multitude of things. If a kid makes a move for the correct reasons, I don't think they should lose a year of eligibility. If they move purely for sports then, as it states in the bylaws, they should lose a year of eligibility. The problem is that if there is even the slightest chance that a kid moved for the RIGHT reasons, then they should NEVER lose their eligibility. Personally, I would rather see 50 guilty kids get eligibility than 1 innocent kid lose it. It's not all black and white like everyone would like to believe, there are a LOT of gray areas.
DDP5 Wrote:I posted about him having to take a redshirt year not Answerthebell.
Which is also known as Dissociative identity disorder.
A lot of big words for a PE teacher. Glad you are carrying that dictionary.
AnswertheBell Wrote:A lot of big words for a PE teacher. Glad you are carrying that dictionary.

:zzz:
If a coach is guilty of recruiting, then he should be punished, by either the KHSAA or the school system, or both. I have no idea if anyone has been though, although it makes no sense if they did, when you consider the names I have heard thrown about do not really fill any great need for Corbin.
The Outsider Wrote:If a coach is guilty of recruiting, then he should be punished, by either the KHSAA or the school system, or both. I have no idea if anyone has been though, although it makes no sense if they did, when you consider the names I have heard thrown about do not really fill any great need for Corbin.

Not pointing any fingers here just making an observation

1. Although some schools would discipline a coach caught recruiting, other schools would give them a raise (as long as they were successful).
2. Some schools may encourage a kid to transfer from one school to another just to keep them from playing at the original school or open the door for other players to make the move later.

I know one basketball coach in the past in the 13th who did it to keep kids from playing at school whom he had to compete against.
The types of coaches who recruit players just to keep them from playing for someone else, are the same kind of coaches who try to keep a kid who moved from gaining eligibility. Their record is more important to them than the kid. Those are the types of guys who need to get out of coaching/teaching imo.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The types of coaches who recruit players just to keep them from playing for someone else, are the same kind of coaches who try to keep a kid who moved from gaining eligibility. Their record is more important to them than the kid. Those are the types of guys who need to get out of coaching/teaching imo.

Schools who try to keep a kid from becoming eligible also do it to deter the other school from recruiting their kids. IMO it has nothin to do with trying to hurting the kid as much as trying to deter the school from recruiting their kids. If there was a way to punish the school then fine but there isnt. If the opposing school cared about the kid then they shouldn't recruit them and have them risk being declared ineligible, it's nothing to them but yet the school trying to keep their kids in their schools get blamed.
I disagree, they don't do it to deter other schools from recruiting. They do it to scare children, if they are able to keep one kid from being eligible then they can always hold that over another kids head. It typically happens at places where politics are rampant. Coaches don't play kids because of their last name, but don't want them to play for anyone else either. Like I said earlier, the coaches who try to recruit kids just so they won't play for someone else, and the coaches who try to block eligibility for a kid that transfers are one and the same.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I disagree, they don't do it to deter other schools from recruiting. They do it to scare children, if they are able to keep one kid from being eligible then they can always hold that over another kids head. It typically happens at places where politics are rampant. Coaches don't play kids because of their last name, but don't want them to play for anyone else either. Like I said earlier, the coaches who try to recruit kids just so they won't play for someone else, and the coaches who try to block eligibility for a kid that transfers are one and the same.

I haven't heard of anyone recruiting a kid so he can't play for the other team. Why recruit if you don't need or can't use them.
It was mentioned in an earlier post. It was originally mentioned by dietpepsidrinker.
I have not seen to many negative comments about coaches that recruit? They are to blame for all negative actions to follow that process. Coaches that cheat are the lowest. No respect for them. Stop cheating.
I have no dog in the fight and I don't agree with "recruiting" but who is the KHSAA to tell a player where he/she can play ball or attend school? If my child comes up to me and says "Dad, I want to transfer to Bourbon County to play ball", then by all means he can and Paris's opinion shouldn't factor in one bit.
Khsaa , NCAA, all organizations have rules. If there were no rules we would not have games. Everyone can send their kid to any high school out of the 8th grade and be eligible. Make a decision and play where you want to.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I have not seen to many negative comments about coaches that recruit? They are to blame for all negative actions to follow that process. Coaches that cheat are the lowest. No respect for them. Stop cheating.

That's because I'm not talking about kids who that were recruited. I'm talking about kids that make a move for the right reasons.
No one at Corbin is recruiting anybody from bum county. Nobody is worried about your accusations on the internet. It's obviously just sour grapes because we've spanked that tail five times in the last three years.
Talking about cheating coaches though, how about old dud playing kids that live in Tennessee? It doesn't count as recruiting if they live in another state though right? Just if the original school is a member of the khsaa.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Khsaa , NCAA, all organizations have rules. If there were no rules we would not have games. Everyone can send their kid to any high school out of the 8th grade and be eligible. Make a decision and play where you want to.

It's not always that simple, sometimes things change in a four year period. Sometimes coaching changes happen. If a kid loses his coach and is completely unhappy with the current situation, then he didn't decide to play in that situation and should have the right to seek a better one. That happens in the NCAA all the time. Like I said. I'm not a proponent of recruiting. I think a coach should worry about the kids he has, and not worry about the kids he loses/doesn't get to play. Whether it be to another school or to the hallways. But if a kid makes a legitimate move, he should be left alone.
I'm sorry I don't believe Corbin recruits but then I still believe in the Easter Bunny. I also don't believe any righteous schools recruit.
diceman Wrote:Schools who try to keep a kid from becoming eligible also do it to deter the other school from recruiting their kids. IMO it has nothin to do with trying to hurting the kid as much as trying to deter the school from recruiting their kids. If there was a way to punish the school then fine but there isnt. If the opposing school cared about the kid then they shouldn't recruit them and have them risk being declared ineligible, it's nothing to them but yet the school trying to keep their kids in their schools get blamed.

:Shaking: If a kid has already moved then your not hurting the other school, they have nothing to lose period. It's right in your post, it's a scare tactic to keep a kid at a school that they may not at all be satisfied at but don't want to lose eligibility. If a kid isn't happy, news flash its not recruiting and they shouldn't have to stay at that school period and that's the bottom line.
I agree
Let the kid just go to the other school. If it's over playing time then they are probably going to sit the bench at the other school if they can't play for the one they left.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Khsaa , NCAA, all organizations have rules. If there were no rules we would not have games. Everyone can send their kid to any high school out of the 8th grade and be eligible. Make a decision and play where you want to.

:hilarious: So your saying if a kid is recruited out of 8th grade to a certain school and he goes there then that's perfectly OK.
Nope, he was talking about as a parent. You can't recruit. If recruited not eligible. Period.
This is high school sports at its best, here is one fan base who recruited for years and years with another fan base who would love to recruit, but couldn't convince a five year old to be a towel boy, on an Internet forum complaining about recruiting. Classic!!!
Let's see. Hmm. I know that kids love playing for Haddix. For a fact. He's fair. He's a winner.
Just wondering why Corbin would even need to recruit
Just sayin
redstone1127 Wrote:Let's see. Hmm. I know that kids love playing for Haddix. For a fact. He's fair. He's a winner.
Just wondering why Corbin would even need to recruit
Just sayin

Lets see if we can settle this once and for all. Coach Haddix and assistant coaches , please explain to those that are here why you guys find it necessary to recruit kids not in your system? Inquiring minds need to know. :eyeroll:
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next