Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
campbellfield Wrote:All of the insightful football post in this thread from Belfry0304:

I'm with you guys. Let's move this thing to a real stadium and we'll send down a more appropriate team next year for a stadium that size. I'm sure our 3rd/4th grade squad would love to play at Campbell Field.

Heard they're thinking of moving the game to a real stadium, any truth?

Is there a little league baseball stadium we could use? We can sacrifice the field size for the seating capacity upgrade.

The Walmart parking lot probably has more bleachers than Campbell Field.

Your parents have any kids that lived?
I just think state semi-final games should be played at football stadiums, not rec fields at the nearest YMCA.

You're right. We are a big money bunch. Can I land my helicopter on the field to avoid parking issues? Or will it blow the tiny bleachers away?

Sounds like we need to try for a 100 yard tunnel again this week...

What's done is done, just like the election!

Had no idea drug abuse was such an issue in Corbin.

Where's bcpc?

Oh wait, who cares? Maybe when his brother tells him at Thanksgiving dinner what the coaching staff is thinking about the game, he can come give us some insight.

Confident bunch of Redhound players. Maybe if they had a real head coach they'd know better than to poke a bear on social media...

I'm offended!!! Campbellfield said I made light of the drug problem in the area! I have lost family members to that epidemic.

Oh wait - It's just a JOKE. Relax, dude!! Don't you have a protest to attend or something? #Offended
When you pallbearer your brothers funeral you can decide if my jokes are funny or not.

Y'all save me a spot at the very top of the home side. Me and the crew I'm riding with will be there at 4:30 or so to wait on gates.

Appreciate that. Sorry for the one you're taking on Friday.

You voted for Hillary, didn't ya?

4 out of 5 voices in my head say go to sleep.
Belfry is the team to beat in 3A this year and there is no arguing that, but if the "champs" are going to go down, I think the best chance of that happening could be Friday night. We all know Belfry is "dominant" up front, but if there is a weakness that sticks out to me, it's in the secondary. After watching the Johnson Central game, I thought to myself "Corbin can beat Belfry". Will this happen, I don't know, but I think the Redhounds have a shot. One of the things that stuck out to me, was the middle of the field being open "a lot" during this game. Johnson Central took advantage of this by hitting on a couple of long passes down the middle, but I think this was something they should have taken advantage of more often. Also, I thought Johnson Central should have thrown more to their running backs out of the backfield. This was open as well, and the two or three times they did throw to the backs, it hit for ten or more yards. I think Sizemore and the Redhounds can take advantage of this, but it all depends on how well they can run the ball against Belfry. I don't think Corbin's run game is as good as Johnson Central's, but they are good enough to keep the Belfry defense honest. With that being said, Corbin can't afford to turn the ball over in this game. If they turn the ball over, they have no chance of upsetting the Pirates. On the flip side, Belfry has turned the ball over in spurts, and if Corbin can create a couple of turnovers defensively, this will definitely help their cause. Corbin's defense has been very good this year, but they haven't seen an offensive line as good as Belfry's. If you are Greer, you stack the box and play man to man on the outside and hope for the best. Belfry will throw the ball a couple of times, but you have to trust your corners to stay disciplined. At the end of the day, it's going to be an uphill battle for Haddix and the Hounds, but if anyone can pull this off, it's Haddix. With that being said, my head says Belfry, but my heart says Corbin. I have always been told to follow your heart and I'm going with Corbin in the upset. Corbin wins 24-21!!!
Hound05 Wrote:Who cares about class? A team, a program, and fans thereof built around pride and tradition. I would think a champion would know that. I also know or hope that your fellow fans don't share your opinion and they probably don't. Footballs more than just a game, you would know that if you played, or if you played for a coach that had any core values for the game and life. You all sound like a bunch of 4 year olds at lunch, "I'll sit where I want" haha. Do what ya gotta do, as has been said before, most of the seating is reserved so "if you feel the need" you'll probably be moved anyways. Not being rude, just facts. But good luck to you and your team and safe travels. A great pizza place just opened up, Brooklyn brothers if your in to that type of food. It is open seating if "you feel like it"

You forgot that they are from West Virginia Confusednicker:
Hound05 Wrote:Who cares about class? A team, a program, and fans thereof built around pride and tradition. I would think a champion would know that. I also know or hope that your fellow fans don't share your opinion and they probably don't. Footballs more than just a game, you would know that if you played, or if you played for a coach that had any core values for the game and life. You all sound like a bunch of 4 year olds at lunch, "I'll sit where I want" haha. Do what ya gotta do, as has been said before, most of the seating is reserved so "if you feel the need" you'll probably be moved anyways. Not being rude, just facts. But good luck to you and your team and safe travels. A great pizza place just opened up, Brooklyn brothers if your in to that type of food. It is open seating if "you feel like it"

Brooklyn Brothers is pretty good, but I'd rather have some good "home cooking" :biggrin:
I think the strength of the Corbin offense is that they can run or pass out of any formation. If you load the box they'll throw it. Put two deep over the top and they'll run it. That being said, I don't think Corbin scores 40 Friday night. Like I said earlier, if Corbin wants to win, I think they'll have to hold Belfry under 21 points. I do think that is possible. Only one school has been able to score over 20 points on Corbin this year, and they were the best offense I've seen by far. The difference is that Belfry has, what is possibly the best offensive line in the history of ky high school football.
Game starts at 4:30 according to Maxpreps.
Has the game time been changed according to Maxpreps the game time is 4:30
BelfryPride Wrote:Personal attacks on any member or anyone on either team will not be tolerated. The staff is watching this thread very closely. If you have any concerns, please PM a Mod or Admin.

I feel like the moderator should be from Central or Western Ky. I personally think it's the funniest thing I've ever heard when the mods talk as much trash as a member, then post something like this. A mod from Pike, Harlan, should lose their Title this week! Smile Pots and Kettles are everywhere this week. Coming out of the woodwork!! People are calling each other out like crazy!! Lol. I love it.
First and foremost this stadium and crowd stuff is the most useless thing I have seen this year on this board.

1. This ain't Corbin's first rodeo..of course their field will be suitable to host the game. It may be a sell out and be a capacity crowd and their venue may not be ideal, but who cares? It's not like we are playing this game at Jenkins and people are going to be turned away after driving three hours. The bottom line is I expect probably 5000 people to attend this one and there are only a handful of venues in the entire State, College or HS, that would comfortably seat 5000 fans. People are going to have to stand, and those in the bleachers are probably going to be standing most of the game anyways.

2. This dick measuring contest about who has the biggest crowd an these facebook groups from each team trying to pat each other's own backs are well and good if that's what it takes to get the fans fired up, but at the end of the day it is not going to matter! Corbin's going to have a huge crowd and be loud. Belfry's going to have a huge crowd and be loud. When Belfry makes a big play their fans will cheer. When Corbin makes a big play their fans will cheer. Belfry has played and won in front of huge road crowds with their visitor side full, Corbin has played and won in front of huge home crowds and large visitor contingent.

At the end of the day the effect of the crowd is going to be neutral. The crowd is not going to score a TD, deflect a pass to create an INT, strip the football, or make a key block. This game will be decided by the players and coaches.

3. All this talk about parking... First, Belfry fans don't be offended if you have to walk a country mile. You used to have to do it at Vipperman Stadium.. it's not a new concept. Get off your high horse and realize not everyone has parking like Belfry does now.Secondly, Corbin Fans don't be douche bags and do this "reserved parking" crap. If it is open parking any other game it should be open parking Friday. That's bush league.

In other words, both fanbases act like you've been there before because you have.
Corbin did Harambe.
Belfry can't pass and can't defend the pass. They could be in trouble.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I think the strength of the Corbin offense is that they can run or pass out of any formation. If you load the box they'll throw it. Put two deep over the top and they'll run it. That being said, I don't think Corbin scores 40 Friday night. Like I said earlier, if Corbin wants to win, I think they'll have to hold Belfry under 21 points. I do think that is possible. Only one school has been able to score over 20 points on Corbin this year, and they were the best offense I've seen by far. The difference is that Belfry has, what is possibly the best offensive line in the history of ky high school football.

That well-balanced team had big numbers passing the ball.
HighViz Wrote:I feel like the moderator should be from Central or Western Ky. I personally think it's the funniest thing I've ever heard when the mods talk as much trash as a member, then post something like this. A mod from Pike, Harlan, should lose their Title this week! Smile Pots and Kettles are everywhere this week. Coming out of the woodwork!! People are calling each other out like crazy!! Lol. I love it.

I have to agree with you Smile
Nice field. But really where is the parking lot ?
Anyone see it as a factor that Corbin has Greer and mills on the coaching staff? Both have played belfry several times
RicFlair Wrote:Anyone see it as a factor that Corbin has Greer and mills on the coaching staff? Both have played belfry several times

Have they?

I am not sure they have
Belfry can't pass and can't defend the pass

Belfry returned the whole secondary, and only had to throw the ball once last year and it was a TD.

So what has changed?
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Nice field. But really where is the parking lot ?

They don't have much of one. You might have to walk, or maybe a bus or trolley will take you to the field.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry can't pass and can't defend the pass

Belfry returned the whole secondary, and only had to throw the ball once last year and it was a TD.

So what has changed?

The whole secondary that gave up more than 300 passing yards to Knoxville Catholic? Nevermind, passing yards from an NFL team don't count Confusednicker:
Where does the Trolley\Bus pickup at?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry can't pass and can't defend the pass

So what has changed?

Johnson central even had a big passing game, and I'm not sure if they even use a quarterbackConfusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:The whole secondary that gave up more than 300 passing yards to Knoxville Catholic? Nevermind, passing yards from an NFL team don't count Confusednicker:

Does Corbin have an Amari Rogers caliber receiver, or a passing game that would rival that of Knox Cath?
BelfryPride Wrote:Where does the Trolley\Bus pickup at?
park over by depot street and the bus should come by and pick you up.
IronMan86 Wrote:Does Corbin have an Amari Rogers caliber receiver, or a passing game that would rival that of Knox Cath?

I knew you'd say that, is why I said NFL teams don't count.
Corbin's receivers are the ones on the commercials going pro in something other than sports.
pjdoug Wrote:I knew you'd say that, is why I said NFL teams don't count.

Well I mean it was you who referenced Belfry's pass defense, or lack thereof, and went on to mention Knoxville Catholic so it's safe to assume you drew some sort of comparison between them and Corbin's passing abilities? Just digging deeper into the discussion if we can wade through the BS.
pjdoug Wrote:park over by depot street and the bus should come by and pick you up.

Thanks man
Please throw the ball Varney and company can't wait
IronMan86 Wrote:Well I mean it was you who referenced Belfry's pass defense, or lack thereof, and went on to mention Knoxville Catholic so it's safe to assume you drew some sort of comparison between them and Corbin's passing abilities? Just digging deeper into the discussion if we can wade through the BS.

They don't have the greatest past defense. Catholic ain't the only team that passed ball against them. any BS you might be wading through is your own. Corbin is more balanced this year and had good passing games against the toughest competition they have faced this season.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Please throw the ball Varney and company can't wait

I'm sure they will .
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next