Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Personal attacks on any member or anyone on either team will not be tolerated. The staff is watching this thread very closely. If you have any concerns, please PM a Mod or Admin.
Campbellfield you are taking the trolling a little serious. I agree though that any insinuations about Mr. Freeman shouldn't be made.
panther nation Wrote:Can't we all just get along???Confusednicker:

no. absolutely not.
I can't wait to watch your faces when you get to watch the #1 Team in 3A the Belfry Pirates with the Best Coaching staff in the state show how football is played maybe you should try to move up in class oh sorry I forgot about JC they would beat you to lol
campbellfield Wrote:So anyone that thinks Corbin will win is hooked on drugs?

The one person that said he didn't see anyway that Belfry could win was just acting like Belfry people.

So far...you guys have put down our stadium, field, team, team name, coach. Made fun of Travis Freeman, who is blind, a teammate of his wrote a movie about him...Travis rarely played and then only in closing minutes. You guys should be so lucky to have someone like Travis in your community. I typed Lol when I read you guys asking if the game would be moved because I actually did laugh...That would be like asking if you guys would move to another place last year...why would we and why would you? I believe we probably have more visitor seats than Belfry...

Making light of the serious drug problem that is crippling all parts of our state is ridiculous.

I for one think that it will be a tall task to beat Belfry, but they play games for a reason.

The comment made about Freeman was absolutely classless and please know that 99% of Belfry fans would tell you the same.

Unfortunately those people don't frequent BGR much.
HighViz Wrote:This isn't basketball Granny. This is a football thread. I know nothing about basketball. I will admit that Corbin folk maybe are arrogant at times. But by no means are nearly as bad as the Belfry peeps... oh, another thing Belfry Pride... please reread your post... especially the first and last sentence! I take it you and your posse are nothing but classy and respectful... tell another fool that, not me. Handing out Kleenex at the gate too. We can have a load shipped to pond creek right now if you choose, believe you poor lil babies need them now. Trash talkin goes both ways here in Corbin. Don't start, then expect everyone here to jus lay down and take it. : ))) Again, if you wanna complain and cry about the facility. WYMT will be carrying this one live. Stay on the couch in pond creek. Crossbones. I'll let you have my seat, I respect my elders, and the sickly. No matter if you wear a pirate jacket.

Granny the brown nosed bear sucks up to the pirates.
bucslover68 Wrote:Campbellfield you are taking the trolling a little serious. I agree though that any insinuations about Mr. Freeman shouldn't be made.

I agree. I think most fans, from both sides, are just talking smack and adding fuel to the fire of what already is going to be a great game Friday night. I posted earlier that the final score was going to be 49-10. I don't believe for a minute that Belfry is going to beat Corbin that bad, just adding to the fire. But since this thread is getting a little to serious thought that I should put that out there. One more thing, I do not think that anyone from Belfry would make fun of a blind kid, I may be wrong, but if they were they are trash in my book. Again, I just think it was taken the wrong way.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I read most of this thread and I ask the Belfry folks to look at how many posts most of the "pot stirrers" from Corbin have made. They are just guys who have made accounts with no other goal than to stir up trouble. That being said they're have been some comments made about Campbell field. We Corbin faithful love our home field, and we tend to get defensive when people throw off on it. We have CHOSEN to keep our field the way it is. A very wealthy family in corbin offered to pay for a new turf playing surface to be put in about 8 years ago and it was turned down. We want to play on a natural surface. I live 300 yards from the football field and I can tell you first hand that there is no downpour over Campbell field. I think it was obvious that those comments were made in jest, but some fans really got angry over them so I figured I would clear that up. The last thing I will say is that it's not just Corbin who wants to have he region championship at the arena. It's EVERY other school in the region EXCEPT Harlan county. And when Harlan county is up to host the region it is held at Harlan county. I don't really understand the problem there. To the fans of Belfry, you will be treated with class and respect when you get here Friday. There will not be anyone parking empty cars to keep you from parking near the field. There is however very limited parking around the field, but you can park and walk a few hundred yards to get to the field. I wouldn't be surprised if busses are ran from depot street to the field too. It'll probably be 3-4 people deep around the fence, it will make for a GREAT atmosphere!!! Best of luck to the pirates but I hope we beat your tails. I'm sure you all feel the same way. I can wait to see what this thread looks like by Friday!!

I always assumed they kept the stadium as is because it has "character".
I'm offended!!! Campbellfield said I made light of the drug problem in the area! I have lost family members to that epidemic.

Oh wait - It's just a JOKE. Relax, dude!! Don't you have a protest to attend or something? #Offended
HighViz Wrote:Good Luck to both teams. Hope they play their tails off for 4 quarters and put on a 7$ show. The atmosphere for this game will be rediculous! No injuries would be great and a win for the winning team next week will be better. Gotta go with the East. I think Corbin has a decent chance in this game, better and faster than last year and we still don't have a single player that goes 2 ways so that will help us in the second half! Key to this game will be tackling and turnovers. So, 28-21 is still my score..

$7 is too much. I want 64's senior discount.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Had no idea drug abuse was such an issue in Corbin.

I took it as a joke, just not a funny one.
[Image: https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5889A2B6]

I can see why Belfry fans are looking to have this game moved to a bigger venue. This does not look like a venue that can handle this type of game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:The only reason Belfry posters think there better conditioned and stronger is because they are. You won't find a bigger stronger team in the state. If you look at conditioning there big guys are fast and athletic along with being huge and very well conditioned. Even if they show fatigue this Belfry team is very deep and come at you in waves. Big Number 23 and 44 have been facing offenses like this for 4 years and both are prepared to be major impacts at a D-1 level. If you honestly can't see how the Pirates can pull this one off then you've been napping for the last 4 years. It's actually the total opposite. I just don't see how Corbin can withstand being smacked in the mouth by those huge bodies and the physical play for 4 quarters. In the famous words of Mike Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face". Belfry dominated last year and they will dominate again this year. This Belfry team we not allow themselves to be denied the 4th straight state championship. Corbin has honestly not come close of playing a team like this,of this talent and caliber this year. The closest they came 2A mayfield beat them. Mayfield a great team and program could not beat the Pirates this year. Just the honest facts! Belfry will roll big in this one.
Mayfield would go through Belfry like a dose of salts.
Death_Valley Wrote:Ok I've been quite, but since this Corbin bunch are still dreaming.. The only good team that they've had, they made a movie about it ... And there best player was blind.. I'm starting to think this whole town is blind.. Come Friday when pond creek nation takes over your field, and your home side!! Belfry will roll 52-6 Go!!!! Belfry!!!!!!!!!
:lame::lame:
I saw a post or two from Corbin fans talking about how Belfry will just have to deal with it as it is a home field advantage. You might want to rethink that for several reasons. Belfry will fill the away stands, all empty areas around the field, the home stands if given the opportunity, and there still won't be enough room for all of them. It would seem to me as though Belfry will have a home field advantage away from home. Now there is a Facebook page promoting the game, trying to get more Corbin fans to come, so on top of a massive amount of Corbin fans and Belfry fans, there will also be a lot of fans from other schools coming to watch the game as well. It might sound ridiculous, but this game would be better played at EKU or at least Somerset who has a capacity of 7000.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
pjdoug Wrote:Granny the brown nosed bear sucks up to the pirates.

Careful dougie.
Better be there at 5:30. We're taking the home side of the bleachers
proud44pirate Wrote:Better be there at 5:30. We're taking the home side of the bleachers

I think I'm going to sit on the home side I went to one of there games this year visitors side isn't that good and if you stand you can't see down to the other end so yea i going to sit on the home side
No offense intended, just wondering if the belfry fans always talk this much smack about their opponents? Its just kind of surprising because usually the teams that have the success they have had dont feel the need to do it. Maybe its high school kids or even younger doing it though. Belfry is the heavy favorite and it will be hard task to knock off the champs.
campbellfield Wrote:I took it as a joke, just not a funny one.

When you pallbearer your brothers funeral you can decide if my jokes are funny or not.
Y'all save me a spot at the very top of the home side. Me and the crew I'm riding with will be there at 4:30 or so to wait on gates.
The Outsider Wrote:No offense intended, just wondering if the belfry fans always talk this much smack about their opponents? Its just kind of surprising because usually the teams that have the success they have had dont feel the need to do it. Maybe its high school kids or even younger doing it though. Belfry is the heavy favorite and it will be hard task to knock off the champs.

I don't think we started it the stuff about is what a guy from WYMT said he heard Corbin peeps got bent out of shape when we ask about it and it's gone sideways from there
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I think I'm going to sit on the home side I went to one of there games this year visitors side isn't that good and if you stand you can't see down to the other end so yea i going to sit on the home side

Yeah, be that guy.... Who sets on the other teams side and cheers for the other team. hahaha:lame:

You will probably be met with the "ugly" part of our fan base then. Cant really say that I would blame them either. Don't sit there and act like you wouldn't look at that person if it was at your home stadium. Or better yet, what if every Corbin fan filled up both sides of the stadium and you had no where to sit at all? Don't think because you "travel well" it couldn't be done. However, our fans have a little more respect and class than to do that. Hope Belfry has the same traits
Belfry0304 Wrote:When you pallbearer your brothers funeral you can decide if my jokes are funny or not.

I can judge drug "jokes" whenever and however I want...I have family as well with drug issues, also being in law enforcement I deal with it on a daily basis.
I am sorry for your loss.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I think I'm going to sit on the home side I went to one of there games this year visitors side isn't that good and if you stand you can't see down to the other end so yea i going to sit on the home side

Bring a milk crate and stand on it shouldn't be a problem for short belfry fans to see the field.......:lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Bring a milk crate and stand on it shouldn't be a problem for short belfry fans to see the field.......:lmao:

Confusednicker:
Hound05 Wrote:Yeah, be that guy.... Who sets on the other teams side and cheers for the other team. hahaha:lame:

I'll be that guy that sits where I want and cheers for my son and his team
Ahhh boys
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ahhh boys

Lol just a little fun
campbellfield Wrote:I can judge drug "jokes" whenever and however I want...I have family as well with drug issues, also being in law enforcement I deal with it on a daily basis.
I am sorry for your loss.

Appreciate that. Sorry for the one you're taking on Friday.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next