•  Previous
  • 68(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Blame this committee, not the coach, we have to hire somebody.

As for players, they would not leave now, it would be after school is out to transfer.
I've only heard about one kid who was exploring transferring to Corbin. But if you can get a hire now, surely there's enough time left to get the program up and going.

I think Bell will hold on to everyone.
Granny Bear Wrote:I've only heard about one kid who was exploring transferring to Corbin. But if you can get a hire now, surely there's enough time left to get the program up and going.

I think Bell will hold on to everyone.

They have held on to all HS kids thus far to my knowledge. That will change. They have lost atleast 1 young kid already with more to come.

No weights or speed training since November will be a bigger problem than most will ever know. No help on the coaching staff will also be a huge problem.
no kids are leaving and we won't be losing any young kids that matter, And also our Coaching staff will be just fine. I have talked to a lot of the kids and they are happy that we have hired a Coach and are excited to get going, it's time to support the program if you are a true supporter and for the two people that get on here and bash everything, Grow up and move on.😂
Really, the kids that matter? They all matter.
So we have hired a coach? When is the press conference? Have we hired a staff? Or is the search committee and there eleven assistants just messing with us.
insideinfo Wrote:So we have hired a coach? When is the press conference? Have we hired a staff? Or is the search committee and there eleven assistants just messing with us.

We?
So I have heard T. Hoskins was officially offered the OC job. Haven't heard anything as far as what his answer is. Any news?
lol so sad.
Your super put in the paper there was 1.7 million dollars in budget cuts she has to make with positions... So if it's not she's had a hell of a donor
CatBlue Wrote:no kids are leaving and we won't be losing any young kids that matter, And also our Coaching staff will be just fine. I have talked to a lot of the kids and they are happy that we have hired a Coach and are excited to get going, it's time to support the program if you are a true supporter and for the two people that get on here and bash everything, Grow up and move on.��

Glad to know you feel that way. It will all come out in the wash soon enough. Lots of selfish people involved in this deal.
pjdoug Wrote:We?

Yes, WE DIPSTICK
WhyLie Wrote:Really, the kids that matter? They all matter.

Let's not get overly into this, but not all kids matter on the same levels.

Every kid matters, as far as an attempt to impact their lives for the better.

But not every kid matters towards winning. I'm pretty sure every single county school in this state has at least 1 or 2 kids whom everyone knows will never sniff the field in any meaningful capacity.

That's just the way it is. For me, if I was talking about kids who "mattered," then I'd simply base it off of their on-field ability. Because they can get mentored through other sports and programs, or at other schools. Besides, a coach gets hired and fired based on wins and losses, not how many former players aren't jerks.
I understand what you are saying, but I have another philosophy when it comes to young kids. I would want to keep them all. Every kids plays a role on a team, scout team, freshmen team, JV, or varsity and even in warm ups when you look at total numbers. Take Corbin when they role out 80, I know all are not very good, but kids look at it and say , WOW. So little Johnny may never see the field, but he matters. Not to mention if he leaves and goes elsewhere, others may see how easy it is to do the same. We want to keep all of our kids, not just the starters. With that I have not even touched on the fact that who knows how much Johnny may develop in 2 years. I would not be so easy to pass young kids away to others. JMO
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Let's not get overly into this, but not all kids matter on the same levels.

Every kid matters, as far as an attempt to impact their lives for the better.

But not every kid matters towards winning. I'm pretty sure every single county school in this state has at least 1 or 2 kids whom everyone knows will never sniff the field in any meaningful capacity.

That's just the way it is. For me, if I was talking about kids who "mattered," then I'd simply base it off of their on-field ability. Because they can get mentored through other sports and programs, or at other schools. Besides, a coach gets hired and fired based on wins and losses, not how many former players aren't jerks.

Mills got fired because of wins and losses?
Let me clarify, when I said the kids that matter I meant the ones that want to be here, not a good choice of words by my part. I want all the kids to stay here young and older. I hate this whole mess as happened but we need to be positive, we are probably going to lose 3 great young athletes and kids that my boy loves because of this whole mess, I wish this mess never happened. I supported Wayne and his staff as much or more than anybody, I was proud that my oldest son played for them and they treated him and the rest of the boys like they were their own sons. I'm just tired of the negative stuff and wish everybody would be positive for the KIDS sake.
So it seems things have been worked out but why no official announcement by Bell Co...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would say that the principal is at a loss for words on the introduction.
Goingdeep Wrote:Mills got fired because of wins and losses?

If he was fresh off of a state championship season and having another great year, you're telling me his actions would not have been over-looked?

Winning covers a multitude of sins?
WhyLie Wrote:I understand what you are saying, but I have another philosophy when it comes to young kids. I would want to keep them all. Every kids plays a role on a team, scout team, freshmen team, JV, or varsity and even in warm ups when you look at total numbers. Take Corbin when they role out 80, I know all are not very good, but kids look at it and say , WOW. So little Johnny may never see the field, but he matters. Not to mention if he leaves and goes elsewhere, others may see how easy it is to do the same. We want to keep all of our kids, not just the starters. With that I have not even touched on the fact that who knows how much Johnny may develop in 2 years. I would not be so easy to pass young kids away to others. JMO

I'm in agreement with a lot of this.

But I will add that there are plenty of kids who you know what you're going to get. There are quite a lot of kids who have peaked in their growth in the 9th grade, and have already put on about as much weight and muscle as they can.

You want every kid. You want every kid to contribute in some capacity, even if it's just on scout team special teams.

I was just simply saying that the difference 1 kid makes isn't a universal metric. You could ask every coach of every team in every sport on every level "who can you afford to lose the least" and they'll all have an answer.
From who i think is a good source Hoskins has turned down the OC job. If this is true where do we look now?
redrocket Wrote:From who i think is a good source Hoskins has turned down the OC job. If this is true where do we look now?

John Brock Jr.
WhyLie Wrote:John Brock Jr.

:biglmao:
Brian Crawford
So who's the coach?
bac2369 Wrote:So who's the coach?

good question Confusednicker:
Amos McCreary
For those of us who just check on BGR every so often during the off-season and usually looks at the last couple of responses on this thread about half of that time...... Who is Amos McCreary and what are his credentials? Looks like you all have had a deuce of a time with this search down in Bell County. Thought this thread might beat out the Whitley coaching search thread for a coaching search from last year or before. One thing is pretty certain; Dudley's name came up more in the Whitley thread than the Bell Thread. Anyway, who is this McCreary please, never heard of him.
I will sum up his career real quick as has been posted on this board.

66% career winning

2-8 last season

originally from evarts been in Georgia for around 30 plus years and will retire at the end of the school year.
Dudley Hilton's career winning percentage is 77%, so actually 66% isn't too bad. I'm sure a lot of coaches would like to be around for 30+ years and have that kind of success. Let's hope that he can win at Bell and keep the winning tradition we have!! If our faithful will get behind him and get the kids and community excited again then I think we will be fine. Hopefully he will be able to build a good staff and maybe talk a few of the old staff to remain helping, if he's able to do that we will be fine! Go Cats!!
  •  Previous
  • 68(current)
  • Next