•  Previous
  • 58(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Enough of for the kids crap, any coach worth a damn will demand things before he comes somewhere!!!! So you don't want to make as much money at your job as you can? Of course you do so WHY SHOULDNT A COACH????? Why shouldn't a coach want the easiest job he can get? Wouldn't you??? No no no you wouldn't would you, you want to work for as little money as the boss will pay you and you want the hardest job. Some of you need to get over "he is not coaching for the kids" stuff. Coaches have to endure CRAZY PARENTS who think JR is the best player in the southeast United States, when in reality JR aint the best player on an average team!!!! Looks like you got a coach now so jump on board or stand on the fence and tell everybody how much better a coach you are than he is cause you won the 5th grade championship back in 98!
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Enough of for the kids crap, any coach worth a damn will demand things before he comes somewhere!!!! So you don't want to make as much money at your job as you can? Of course you do so WHY SHOULDNT A COACH????? Why shouldn't a coach want the easiest job he can get? Wouldn't you??? No no no you wouldn't would you, you want to work for as little money as the boss will pay you and you want the hardest job. Some of you need to get over "he is not coaching for the kids" stuff. Coaches have to endure CRAZY PARENTS who think JR is the best player in the southeast United States, when in reality JR aint the best player on an average team!!!! Looks like you got a coach now so jump on board or stand on the fence and tell everybody how much better a coach you are than he is cause you won the 5th grade championship back in 98!

Well whatever you say......but i still haven't heard an official word so i for one am still hoping that this hire doesn't work out.
HCS Wrote:I'll try this again - Tim Saylor isn't coaching.

not yet.
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm wondering about that too. McCreary asked Saylor. Saylor said no.

no means yes Confusednicker:
WhyLie Wrote:HCS if I hired a High School coach, they would show interest first. Even if it were a call. Your line of thought has gotten us where we are today. Period.

Why is McCreary asking for Saylor a job, and said he would bring him?

That may be why you aren't hiring coaches. That's how it's done.
I doubt Dudley sent an application in to Bell when he was first hired in the 1980s. Someone at Bell saw what he did at Breathitt and wanted to turn around football at Bell and came up with an offer.
I'm pretty sure Tom Larkey didn't call Tim Saylor first when he was named the HCHS coach in 2008. Those kind of coaches don't have to seek jobs. The jobs come to them.
HCS Wrote:That may be why you aren't hiring coaches. That's how it's done.
I doubt Dudley sent an application in to Bell when he was first hired in the 1980s. Someone at Bell saw what he did at Breathitt and wanted to turn around football at Bell and came up with an offer.
I'm pretty sure Tom Larkey didn't call Tim Saylor first when he was named the HCHS coach in 2008. Those kind of coaches don't have to seek jobs. The jobs come to them.

What did Dudley do at Breathitt? Black Bears should call Saylor Smile
Breathitt was terrible when he got there in the mid 70s. They may have just started the program.
Cawood beat them by about 60 the first time I saw them play. In three years, Breathitt was beating Cawood and winning the district.
People said for years that Saylor would eventually coach at HCHS - another example of people believing rumors that weren't true.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I would think he would put Humfleet at Fullback wouldn't he? (For those not familiar w/ the Wing T...if you have a 'DUDE', that's where they usually go...similar to those in the Flexbone Triple).

I'm all for balance (all be it my definition of balance is a little different than most), but if you have American Pharoah in your stable.....ride the hell out him.

Where would you think they would put Nathan Collett? He was vastly under used, but mainly because all of the other talent. For Bell to have success he is going to have to compliment Humfleet.
HCS Wrote:Breathitt was terrible when he got there in the mid 70s. They may have just started the program.
Cawood beat them by about 60 the first time I saw them play. In three years, Breathitt was beating Cawood and winning the district.
People said for years that Saylor would eventually coach at HCHS - another example of people believing rumors that weren't true.

Cawood was hard to beat. maybe he still will Confusednicker:
HCS Wrote:That may be why you aren't hiring coaches. That's how it's done.

And here we are on coach 9 with that train of thought. I can assure you Dudley showed interest in this job when he first came. I want someone that wants to be here. Bottom Line.
pjdoug Wrote:Cawood was hard to beat. maybe he still will Confusednicker:

Cawood fell off to nothing when Saylor wanted his son to throw the ball all field. Finished 1-10 or something his last year.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Where would you think they would put Nathan Collett? He was vastly under used, but mainly because all of the other talent. For Bell to have success he is going to have to compliment Humfleet.

Completely forgot about him. Apologies there. He could play FB in the Wing T and do very well.

...or FB and base out of any and all 21 personnel sets, or the bone as another halfback.

Ill tell you something else Bell has coming back that's vastly underrated in football as a whole, but Tight End U. They are made for 21, 22, 11, 12 (32, too Smile )personnel sets...whichever scheme(s) they choose to roll with within those.

What about Raynoch Thompson? Kid really impressed me from what I saw of him as a freshman. I'm assuming Austin Collett with be at QB as a Sophomore?
I created an account only because I thought the site was moving away from some of the stuff pjdoug is doing. Everything you are typing is a cheap shot at Saylor. This is my last visit.
WhyLie Wrote:And here we are on coach 9 with that train of thought. I can assure you Dudley showed interest in this job when he first came. I want someone that wants to be here. Bottom Line.

Since you can assure me, did he send in application like you said it's done or did someone call him first?
HCS Wrote:Since you can assure me, did he send in application like you said it's done or did someone call him first?

I can assure you that Dudley did not show interest in his current position. They had interest in him first, and sought him out.
HCS Wrote:Since you can assure me, did he send in application like you said it's done or did someone call him first?

I think you are completely missing the point HCS. Its completely fine to call a few top coaches that you want to try to go get no problem everyone does that. However when you are turned down by 6-7 people and you see that it isn't working out like you thought (oh wait maybe this job isn't what we thought it was) you have to move on. The next step is to gauge interests from possible coaches (this has not been done). Then you take those who are interested whether be from application or a phone call from them and interview the best possible candidates. What you don't do is beg beg beg the same 3 people for 3 months and shaft everyone who was interested. So now you don't have the ones you wanted, you don't have the ones who wanted you, you didn't gauge anyone else interest and you're stuck with a coach who just retired in november and undoubtedly is in this for the money. This man doesn't care about Bell County football no matter who you put it.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I can assure you that Dudley did not show interest in his current position. They had interest in him first, and sought him out.

Are you kidding me??? no one has interest in Dudleys current position. Its Taylor county. Its where he's from thats the only reason he is there that and a paycheck. Make no mistake about it.
Technically...he is from Washington County about 30 minutes away, but his original home area, yes.

Come to think of it...Dudley has lived in the mountains longer than he did CKY. Time flies.
redrocket Wrote:Are you kidding me??? no one has interest in Dudleys current position. Its Taylor county. Its where he's from thats the only reason he is there that and a paycheck. Make no mistake about it.

That's my point. Taylor went and got him. That was their decision. Bell is a much better school than TC, and that's why I won't fault them for trying to go out and get who they want.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:That's my point. Taylor went and got him. That was their decision. Bell is a much better school than TC, and that's why I won't fault them for trying to go out and get who they want.

I don't either...read my previous post

He made a phone call to my relative that was the super at the time.
Then all of you would be in the same shape as we are now. You just described how you would hire. Now tell me what you do when 7-9 turn you down and you are a laughing stock, and may loose your title in the year to come? Continue to go after those that show no interest...please. :lame:
WhyLie Wrote:He made a phone call to my relative that was the super at the time.

Your relative that was super at the time?
WhyLie Wrote:Then all of you would be in the same shape as we are now. You just described how you would hire. Now tell me what you do when 7-9 turn you down and you are a laughing stock, and may loose your title in the year to come? Continue to go after those that show no interest...please. :lame:

So, you have a lot there who are interested and turned in applications and haven't been contacted?
If this one doesn't work out, you may be right and should call them. From what I've seen in the past, you don't get a lot of qualified applicants that way, but perhaps this case is different.
That is what I said, I have heard the story of how Dudley got here many times.
WhyLie Wrote:Cawood fell off to nothing when Saylor wanted his son to throw the ball all field. Finished 1-10 or something his last year.

Yeah. son sure could sling a football Smile
Still haven't heard anything for sure. Yet here we are taking another 3 weeks bending over backwards to get a retired coach. How many demands do we have to agree to and how many times do we have to kiss his rear before this one turns us down and leaves us looking foolish again....
Redwolf Wrote:I created an account only because I thought the site was moving away from some of the stuff pjdoug is doing. Everything you are typing is a cheap shot at Saylor. This is my last visit.

cheap shot at Saylor? i think he is a good coach. seems like you are ASSuming.
If we are going to consider doing this for McCreary why not just do it for Dudley? Lot more successful than Amos and we don't have to take care of all his family/buddies.

As much as the do nothing basketball parents want it, McCreary is not going to workout. Can't make new positions that do nothing for our school during the school day. Many cuts are coming and that would be a HUGE disservice to our community.
Finis Wrote:If we are going to consider doing this for McCreary why not just do it for Dudley? Lot more successful than Amos and we don't have to take care of all his family/buddies.

As much as the do nothing basketball parents want it, McCreary is not going to workout. Can't make new positions that do nothing for our school during the school day. Many cuts are coming and that would be a HUGE disservice to our community.

You can do whatever you want to for Dudley he is NOT coming back i can promise you that! But i do agree with everything else you are saying.
  •  Previous
  • 58(current)
  • Next