•  Previous
  • 45(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Madness Wrote:I guess we need to hire a coach that is either not whipped or single.

LOL

Confusednicker:
BIG TONY Wrote:Just out of curiosity, where did the money come from for the new turf field?

tax payers paid extra tax?
I guess I have been out of school way to long, when coaches are base their jobs on if their wife can eat at The Chop House and shop at the Maceys.
Madness Wrote:I guess I have been out of school way to long, when coaches are base their jobs on if their wife can eat at The Chop House and shop at the Maceys.

Lexington only has hen- pecked coaches is why they cant win? Confusednicker:
Fred Hoskins is the man for the job!!!
Trashtalker Wrote:Fred Hoskins is the man for the job!!!

I've said this before I disagree. Good guy good assistant. It's just not going to happen.
If you are a real man then you include your wife in major decisions. This isn't 50 years ago boys I hope you realize that. And yes there is more out in the world than the tasty freeze and a lot of woman have figured that out.
^^
couldn't agree more. The old saying if wife not happy no one is happy is very true.

This could very well be part of Bell co problem. Wives aren't willing to relocate to southeastern Ky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Let's take a look at list madness put up to see if restaurants and malls are the problem.

Woolum, very well may be the case.
Jerry Heron , lives same area
Chris Larkey same area
Shawn Thompson same
Greg Duncum same
Randy Frazier same
JB Donahue same
Nate McPeek begging to come back
Wayne Mills same

So let us not forget the problem when it comes to why we do not have a coach. Richard Gambrel, (Principal), Tom Lefevers , (AD) , and John Brock Jr. (?) . Demographics is not the reason in this case. It has been posted many time what they have done to run good coaches off during this process.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:If you are a real man then you include your wife in major decisions. This isn't 50 years ago boys I hope you realize that. And yes there is more out in the world than the tasty freeze and a lot of woman have figured that out.

Nobody said not to include your wife, however if she has a problem with an area because she says she can not shop at a certain store or eat at a certain restaurant , I married the wrong girl. JMO so let's not argue about women. Back to what do we do now?

I believe we need a principal worse than a coach right now.

I thought he was going to Whitley County Confusednicker:
Madness Wrote:Nobody said not to include your wife, however if she has a problem with an area because she says she can not shop at a certain store or eat at a certain restaurant , I married the wrong girl. JMO so let's not argue about women. Back to what do we do now?

I believe we need a principal worse than a coach right now.

and some people need a new wife that isn't a snob? :biglmao:

redrocket Wrote:I've said this before I disagree. Good guy good assistant. It's just not going to happen.

He may have considered it 10 weeks ago or maybe not. Did any of our poor leadership even discuss the job with him? He has been on the hill for a really longtime but I think he is too smart to touch this job.

Rocket you maybe right, he may not be a head coach but at this point they are not going to find anyone better. In fact I don't think anyone they have even talked to is a better coach. He played wth 1 of my boys and as you said RR a really good guy.

So Doug Preston is the guy now? What has he done besides the 1 year at Bullitt East??
Finis Wrote:He may have considered it 10 weeks ago or maybe not. Did any of our poor leadership even discuss the job with him? He has been on the hill for a really longtime but I think he is too smart to touch this job.

Rocket you maybe right, he may not be a head coach but at this point they are not going to findanyone better. In fact I don't think anyone they have even talked to is a better coach. He played wth 1 of my boys and as you said RR a really good guy.

So Doug Preston is the guy now? What has he done besides the 1 year at Bullitt East??

yeah I don't know what we're going to do at this point. This has been handled so poorly. I say at this point find the best young coach you can someone who wants the job and give him time to build. We're going to go through a "drought" phase as far as talent goes anyway. Might as well find a guy that can grow with the team that wants to be here. Who that is I don't know.
Finis Wrote:He may have considered it 10 weeks ago or maybe not. Did any of our poor leadership even discuss the job with him? He has been on the hill for a really longtime but I think he is too smart to touch this job.

Rocket you maybe right, he may not be a head coach but at this point they are not going to find anyone better. In fact I don't think anyone they have even talked to is a better coach. He played wth 1 of my boys and as you said RR a really good guy.

Doug Preston isn't coming to Bell County.

Bell reached out to him.

As for what he's done besides the '08 year?

Lou. Western
2006- 10-2

Franklin Simpson (took over in '12)
2013- 8-5 Region Finalists
2014- 10-2
2015- 8-5 Region Finalists

When did he come into the picture?
WhyLie Wrote:Let's take a look at list madness put up to see if restaurants and malls are the problem.

Chris Larkey same area
Shawn Thompson same
Greg Duncum same
Randy Frazier same
JB Donahue same
Wayne Mills same

So let us not forget the problem when it comes to why we do not have a coach. Richard Gambrel, (Principal), Tom Lefevers , (AD) , and John Brock Jr. (?) . Demographics is not the reason in this case. It has been posted many time what they have done to run good coaches off during this process.

My demographics argument in the case for Bell County has completely been missed. Go back and look at one of my original posts in regards to Bell, and I was using its demographics and those around the area as a plus for the job.
pjdoug Wrote:When did he come into the picture?

He's never been in the picture. He has been called a couple of times to see if he has interest.

He has none.
pjdoug Wrote:When did he come into the picture?

Recently I think but it sounds like wishful thinking according to Duck.
1,000% wishful thinking.
pjdoug Wrote:I thought he was going to Whitley County Confusednicker:

Confused again!!!!!
insideinfo Wrote:Confused again!!!!!

again?
WhyLie Wrote:Let's take a look at list madness put up to see if restaurants and malls are the problem.

Chris Larkey same area
Shawn Thompson same
Greg Duncum same
Randy Frazier same
JB Donahue same
Wayne Mills same

3 of those guys live on I-75 and no Log Mountain isn't an idle place to live. Not trying to hurt any feelings just saying why some of these guys might not be interested. That and your admin is NUTS!!!
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:My demographics argument in the case for Bell County has completely been missed. Go back and look at one of my original posts in regards to Bell, and I was using its demographics and those around the area as a plus for the job.

A plus in terms of being able to compete and win b/c of having to go through similar people.

In terms of other demographics as far as where to live it's not. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm a mountain fan

I just try to see both sides of the coin.
If memory serves me correct he was 4A coach of the year recently and has won a couple of district championships at Franklin-Simpson. I have no idea how his name came into this but sources tell me Bell is trying to get him or has talked to him a few times over the last few months. Don't know if that is true for sure but it is what I was told by someone this morning.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:3 of those guys live on I-75 and no Log Mountain isn't an idle place to live. Not trying to hurt any feelings just saying why some of these guys might not be interested. That and your admin is NUTS!!!

I thought it was an idle placeConfusednicker:
I hear Hal Mumme is wanting this job!
Confusednicker:
How does everyone know who has been offered and called and who hasn't? That's a lot of information getting out it would seem.
Richard Gambrel , Tom Lefevers , and John Brock Jr. They love sharing information it make them feel important.
  •  Previous
  • 45(current)
  • Next