•  Previous
  • 40(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I don't think anyone is.

Are they just not lifting or are the kids just going in there and doing it themselves? I thought they had to be supervised in that situation, even if it's not by a coach.
Bobcat4Years please name me your top 10 and how Humfleet could possibly be top 4
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Are they just not lifting or are the kids just going in there and doing it themselves? I thought they had to be supervised in that situation, even if it's not by a coach.

From what I understand just on their own they have no coach to supervise them.
Own their own? Well, it may not be "legal" without supervision, but it speaks volumes about the character of the kids who are doing that completely on their own!
Granny Bear Wrote:Own their own? Well, it may not be "legal" without supervision, but it speaks volumes about the character of the kids who are doing that completely on their own!

I'm surprised the school would allow that. It's a huge liability, regardless of whatever character these kids have.
I admire the kids for their work ethic and dedication to their program, but I find it hard to believe that an administration that fired the coach for "issues" would allow non-supervised lifting. They'll have more to worry about than hiring a coach.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I'm surprised the school would allow that. It's a huge liability, regardless of whatever character these kids have.

Outside of school is on their own.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Outside of school is on their own.

Sorry, sorry. I read "outside of school" as being on school grounds just not during school hours. If they're lifting off school grounds, like at a local gym or someones house, then it's all fine and good. I just thought it was kids going into the school weight room after school hours and lifting, which would be a huge liability issue for the district. And something I would be surprised they would allow.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Sorry, sorry. I read "outside of school" as being on school grounds just not during school hours. If they're lifting off school grounds, like at a local gym or someones house, then it's all fine and good. I just thought it was kids going into the school weight room after school hours and lifting, which would be a huge liability issue for the district. And something I would be surprised they would allow.

That isn't happening.
Back on the topic of a coach, I have been doing some looking and talking to people. Here are a few names i have came up with. I don't know if any of these people have been contacted or would even be interested in the job. 1. Brian Crawford former bell assistant and would know the kids. 2. Eddie Creech head coach at Harlan County ( probably a long shot) 3. Trevor Hoskins assistant coach at middlesboro don't know much else. 4. Corey Russell just fired at cumberland gap don't know much else. 5. Jeremy Hart or Andrew Roark both assistants at Corbin. Again just throwing names out there after looking around and talking to some people. Any input?
I would agree that Creech would be a long shot at best. Think he likes it right where he is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Me and InsideInfo were both wondering why Elams name at Pineville hasn't been brought up?
BasketballManiac Wrote:Me and InsideInfo were both wondering why Elams name at Pineville hasn't been brought up?

Don't know anything about him. Just doesn't seem like a good fit but then again don't know what kind of fit the other would be. Elam hasn't done great granted he's been at pineville but who knows.
I'm pretty sure that any Head Coach in the state or surrounding states, without a lot baggage is going to take this job at this point. So I would start looking at young assistant coaches at the better programs In the area and make one a offer he couldn't turn down, and let him bring at least two assistants with him. Then the no jobs available comes in to play. A good superintendent can get around these things if they want to. I would think that this Superintendent would do anything in her power to get this mess behind her. So she would make it happen. Then next year she could work there spouses in to jobs. Just thinking out loud.
redrocket Wrote:Don't know anything about him. Just doesn't seem like a good fit but then again don't know what kind of fit the other would be. Elam hasn't done great granted he's been at pineville but who knows.

Elam has done more with nothing than alot of coaches in the State
BasketballManiac Wrote:Me and InsideInfo were both wondering why Elams name at Pineville hasn't been brought up?

Makes more money at pineville with zero expectations!!! The other list!!! It is comical that it has even came to that on Log Mountain. Unreal those names are even being thrown out. Creech is the only 1 that would be a decent asst on the past staff. 4 guys in last year's staff as assistants are more qualified than anyone mentioned. Besides that why would he leave Harlan co for this mess??

The principal has put the athletic trainer in charge of weights during school. Nobody is lifting according to the boys.

Of all the coaches that have interviewed all concerned with lack of support from admin. Lack of jobs for asst coaches and the PATHETIC pay for asst coaches. All the warts are starting to show. We are really lucky we have held on as long as we did. It is a testament to the players and coaches we have had. 1 thing to consider is the direction our school has went in since the principal took over??? May need to stick to music.
Not fair to say that its comical to come to that when you have no idea what other coachs have done with the kids they've had. Elam may be a better coach than most if he had some kids to work with.
But the way things are going, whoever ends up at bell isnt going to have much to work with either.
Agreed with you on some points and really feel for you guys. But, to say none of those assistants would be more qualified than assistants on Bell's staff is a stretch. Not that any of them are even interested.
Goingdeep Wrote:Agreed with you on some points and really feel for you guys. But, to say none of those assistants would be more qualified than assistants on Bell's staff is a stretch. Not that any of them are even interested.

One former is literally dying for the opportunity to be head!!!!! FACT👟🏉
I know there is a lot of griping about the coaching stipends at Bell County and rightfully so, but I'm here to tell all of you right now that whether you are making 2K or 4K as an assistant, it is all a joke.

The pay, or lack of that they all make is criminal.

Here in Kentucky if not mistaken, you can't get paid as a coach unless you have 64 college credit hours (AKA enough hours for an Associates Degree).

Before anybody pulls the card of "Nobody is forcing them to do it", save it. Those are also the people who probably troll these message boards, love high school sports, yet have never stepped foot into the coaching realm.

Many of these stipends from Bell County to Jefferson County are a complete joke.

Think Bell County's are bad? In Jefferson County, when factoring in the head coaching stipend, they might be worse (they have a staggered scale, but a 1st-5th year coach in Jefferson County doesn't even make 5K. The highest paid assistant coach can only make $2727 & that doesn't matter if he has 1 year in or 50. $2727 is all you get).

Many of these stipends across the state (hell, maybe all) haven't been adjusted in the last 30 years or so (maybe longer). Think about if that rule applied in all works of life out there? If they have been adjusted, it's nickel and dime stuff.

All of that information is open records. Some of you want to shock? Log onto your local school district site and look for them (usually documents in the Human Resources or Finance tabs on their site). It's an absolute crock. Laughable really.

It's one thing to be paid like that throughout the school year (which is what their pay is based on), but it's another thing to be paid only that AND do all of the stuff they do in June and July when school isn't in session.

If I were some, I'd bring back the old school days of Spring Practice all of May, then come the last day of school? "See you boys on August 1st". (hate to break it to you as is, but I'm going to tell you what 2nd week of June workouts mean come any point of the season and that's 'Not a damn thing'.)

Lower level colleges like NAIA don't even have their teams on campus during those months and those guys (full time coaches that is) even make a full living from just coaching. NCAA rules prevent any coaching staff that's not Strength and Conditioning coaches to have any type of organized practice/workout with their players.

J-O-K-E

Yet we wonder why people are getting out of this like rats jumping off a sinking ship? Forget the common excuses. Those are all code for:

"Too much time (especially in the summer months), too much headache, too much responsibility and the money made isn't worth it."

Keyboard warriors out there, the floor is yours.
Finis Wrote:Makes more money at pineville with zero expectations!!! The other list!!! It is comical that it has even came to that on Log Mountain. Unreal those names are even being thrown out. Creech is the only 1 that would be a decent asst on the past staff. 4 guys in last year's staff as assistants are more qualified than anyone mentioned. Besides that why would he leave Harlan co for this mess??

The principal has put the athletic trainer in charge of weights during school. Nobody is lifting according to the boys.

Of all the coaches that have interviewed all concerned with lack of support from admin. Lack of jobs for asst coaches and the PATHETIC pay for asst coaches. All the warts are starting to show. We are really lucky we have held on as long as we did. It is a testament to the players and coaches we have had. 1 thing to consider is the direction our school has went in since the principal took over??? May need to stick to music.

As I said just throwing names out. But you have to be joking the only and I say ONLY assistant we had last year even close to being capable of being a head coach other than Frazier would be hoskins and that is a huge stretch. Especially when we can't give this job to anyone right now. I promise you are badly mistaken and have little to no football knowledge if you think anyone other than Frazier is a head coach. (Maybe Hoskins MAYBE). Other than that your comment was a joke. From what I have heard Crawford was a really good assistant. Creech obviously has zero interest and the others I have just heard good things about. But don't for a second think anyone on that list is not better than last years staff..wow
And since you know all of the names listed so well since you're so versed in the assistant coaches in the area please let us know what makes this list of coaches so unqualified compared to our super staff? Please fill us in in these guys i for one would like to know more. As I said just throwing out names but you obviously know more than me.
I'm still hearing both sides to the Humfleet kid story, did he enroll at Corbin or No?
Crawford would be a terrible mistake. Good guy. Very bad coach. Sounds like sour grapes towards hoskins. Frazier was the only one craziest enough to actually want the job.
trenches14 Wrote:Crawford would be a terrible mistake. Good guy. Very bad coach. Sounds like sour grapes towards hoskins. Frazier was the only one craziest enough to actually want the job.

Not at all everything I know hoskins is that he's a good guy. I just don't know about being a head coach. I just think it's a stretch then again he may be great. I know everyone I have talked to says he's an excellent assistant. So please don't take that the wrong way as I said as far as I know a good guy/coach. Then again other than Frazier none are proven head coaches so who knows. finis said earlier that everyone on bell county's staff are better than the ones mentioned?? Any input?
BasketballManiac Wrote:I'm still hearing both sides to the Humfleet kid story, did he enroll at Corbin or No?

RUMOR:

He did not enroll at Corbin during his visit, but if his AP credit transfers, then it is a distinct probability.

RUMOR:
JMO is that Trevor Hoskins will be a great coach. Very knowledgable on the offense. His dad played here and is a Bell County fan. He is one of those young assistants that works his butt off that is going to get a chance, somewhere. My honest opion is he will succeed . Creech will not leave. Don't want to comment on others. If we go young , I am for T. Hoskins
What makes any of our previous assistants ,that have not been head coaches, any more qualified than these.
WhyLie Wrote:What makes any of our previous assistants ,that have not been head coaches, any more qualified than these.

That's what I was saying. I don't know I think we're at a point right now to where we have to make a big decisions. Do we just keep going like this and get whoever we can get or does the administration decide football is important and a tradition rich sport here and do whatever we have to to get a coach. I know certain things we can't control but I sure wish we would throw some decent money and someone and make room for assistants then we may get someone. Situation just isn't looking any better and us fans seem the be the only one who care.
  •  Previous
  • 40(current)
  • Next