•  Previous
  • 37(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Duncum is the only person that seemed to want it. They better drive to his house with hat in hand and beg.
I have heard the same, playing with the idea of asking him back. The board should dismiss them all.
Dunc was my favorite for the job. He knows the culture and the expectations don't bother him. But, with the leadership concerns and the general stink permeating Log Mnt football right now... not sure he can be convinced.
William Muney Wrote:Duncum is the only person that seemed to want it. They better drive to his house with hat in hand and beg.

The way they treated him wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't take the job now. No would could blame him if he didn't. No trust at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Would Hoskins even take it now??? Seems like it's not a major concern to the board to get coaches....
Trashtalker Wrote:Would Hoskins even take it now??? Seems like it's not a major concern to the board to get coaches....

Not even for the money the supt makes for doing nothing. I would say the supt and principal would have to resign before he would even consider it. Their is a reason teachers are running from the school system on a yearly basis.
TopCat Wrote:Not even for the money the supt makes for doing nothing. I would say the supt and principal would have to resign before he would even consider it. Their is a reason teachers are running from the school system on a yearly basis.

They both may have to resign before anyone takes job
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Figured Mills would have came back
Has that ever happened anywhere? Coach gets fired and rehired within months?
It almost happened here. To many stipulations for Mills to come back, including not rehiring an assistant. I have never seen anything that resembles this.
Give it a couple more weeks and they will be caving in on Coach Mills demands. From the outside looking in this has to be a complete CLUSTER.
Mills would have to be a comple pushover to take this job again!
If coach Mills takes it back he will have the by the short and curlys.
If mills went back he has no short and curleys. Anyway no way he's getting it. I'm a bell county guy and hate that this has happened. At the same time you don't want a coach or leader of your program that makes immature decisions like he did. People make mistakes but multiple pending lawsuits and the fact he has made some very questionable decisions makes me doubt him.
redrocket Wrote:If mills went back he has no short and curleys. Anyway no way he's getting it. I'm a bell county guy and hate that this has happened. At the same time you don't want a coach or leader of your program that makes immature decisions like he did. People make mistakes but multiple pending lawsuits and the fact he has made some very questionable decisions makes me doubt him.

1 Pending lawsuit is against Bell Co board of education, principal, AD, and coaching staff not just against one coach. Soon to be history from what I'm hearing.
2 Politics sometimes put people on the wrong side.
3 Don't believe all stories the way they are told.
4 It seriously was Mills job if he chose to take it back as offered by the one who made her decision to fire in the first place. Confirmed by leadership. He didn't accept it. Can't say I can blame him the way it went down.
5 A year from now I'm afraid we're gonna regret it even more.
6 We must get a coach in place for our boys,
Running Back Wrote:1 Pending lawsuit is against Bell Co board of education, principal, AD, and coaching staff not just against one coach. Soon to be history from what I'm hearing.
2 Politics sometimes put people on the wrong side.
3 Don't believe all stories the way they are told.
4 It seriously was Mills job if he chose to take it back as offered by the one who made her decision to fire in the first place. Confirmed by leadership. He didn't accept it. Can't say I can blame him the way it went down.
5 A year from now I'm afraid we're gonna regret it even more.
6 We must get a coach in place for our boys,

I agree you can't believe everything you hear. I don't know the entire situation just heard some things. It just seems irresponsible to me to even be in those situations as a coach especially a head coach. But anyway regardless best of luck to coach mills I hope he lands on his feet, seems to have a much better chance of doing so than this program.
What is needed to declare a state of emergency and a vote of confidence to get rid of incompetence ? We need something here, where is Hunk, he could have done a much better job than Gambrel, Lefevers and Brock.
The worst thing that could happen for Mills is he is even considered for this job again. He would be in the same boat as any new coach. Plus , make no mistake why would you want to be somewhere and not wanted by the super and first mate, along with a principal that has proven he will not go to battle for you and wanted you gone as well. The same bunch telling you that you can not bring back one of your best coaches and another has left. Mills will come out of this looking great and the above for mentioned looking like complete idiots.
If this administration has ask Mills back they are the most incompetent administration that has ever been in charge of any school. If Mills even entertained the idea he needs help. To be successful all need to work together including superintendent , principal, AD and coach. This process has completely broken down and can not be trusted by him in any way.
I hope Mills has better judgement than to get back in this mess. Of course he left here for that mess. I do wish him luck, because if they have ask him back means it was not bad enough to fire him. Just do not know what to make of this administration, if what is said here is true about asking him back. Bell County has some time before they recover from this.
what do you all mean surely you already knew this admin was messed up after all this. I would say heads will role soon in Bell Co.
Pending lawsuit? What's that about?
Alleged hazing incident at camp.
redrocket Wrote:If mills went back he has no short and curleys. Anyway no way he's getting it. I'm a bell county guy and hate that this has happened. At the same time you don't want a coach or leader of your program that makes immature decisions like he did. People make mistakes but multiple pending lawsuits and the fact he has made some very questionable decisions makes me doubt him.

Better get the facts about suit. Would not be so quick to judge.
Madness Wrote:Better get the facts about suit. Would not be so quick to judge.

What is all this talk about law suits. That that was all just bs. Surely what ive heard isnt true
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Let's just hope mills has some marbles and turn them down.
trenches14 Wrote:Let's just hope mills has some marbles and turn them down.

Where will Mills go if he turns them down? Knox Central?
Madness Wrote:Better get the facts about suit. Would not be so quick to judge.
I know the facts! And more than anything I know if a MAN is fired by someone that means he's not wanted to turn around and even think about taking it is completely stupid. I think a lot of coach he's made some poor decisions but taking this job again would by far be the worst. Those are the facts
redrocket Wrote:I agree you can't believe everything you hear. I don't know the entire situation just heard some things. It just seems irresponsible to me to even be in those situations as a coach especially a head coach. But anyway regardless best of luck to coach mills I hope he lands on his feet, seems to have a much better chance of doing so than this program.

One post says you didn't and the other proved it by saying multiple lawsuits. Facts that you post. I agree with you he should not come back, but that is not what I said.
Bell county will bouce back they always do
  •  Previous
  • 37(current)
  • Next