•  Previous
  • 32(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
[quote=WhyLie]I need to say McPeek was offered once before also. The order of offers is unclear, except Woolum. I have also heard different people have offered the job to different coaches, at the same time. Not sure how that worked. We do not have a coach. McPeek ask for extra time, now that he is considering for the second time. Turned it down earlier. Say what you want about Jeff Saylor, he would have gotten this done. He did the last time

I think he regrets not hiring woolum 5 seasons ago. So no he didn't get it done
He got the hire made. One of the job descriptions by the Super was Head Coaching experience, he did not have any. So Jeff hired.
I have to agree that these 3 guys on the committee are enjoying whatever kind of attention they are getting. However the Pizza Guy is getting cold feet and trying to get out of the mess. The three Amigos will be together for sometime. Better hit a home run hire, going to be remembered for something here, not sure what.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I have to agree that these 3 guys on the committee are enjoying whatever kind of attention they are getting. However the Pizza Guy is getting cold feet and trying to get out of the mess. The three Amigos will be together for sometime. Better hit a home run hire, going to be remembered for something here, not sure what.

Going to be remembered as the people who destroyed Bell County football. Thats what they'll be remembered for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
From what why lie has said I see why there hasnt been a coached hired yet... wow never thought this would happen to Bell County. Total mess
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Because it would take a lot? Taylor has deeper pockets than anyone on here probably realizes. And, if he just makes the playoffs every year, he'll be considered a great coach. Bell has slightly loftier expectations.

However, I think one thing that no one really thought about is the fact that he isn't viewed in the same light, outside of eastern Kentucky. I mean, he's come under some heat last season for things that he probably did while at Bell. It's just no one over there would turn him in. The opposing coaches, fans and boosters don't care who he is. He has absolutely no pull in central Kentucky.

I think that could be a big factor in what Dudley would choose to do. Although, I still maintain that he won't leave Taylor. Because he's making too much money with very low expectations. They don't have State Final requirements. Heck, reach a regional final once in a decade and you'll be a god.
I would think Dudley has high expectations no matter where he is.
^^You are still bitter, aren't you?

Confusednicker:
McPeek trying to get more time while he waits an a job he wants more. It just keeps getting better and better. What a joke.
Must thank Richard Gambrel and Tom Lefevers, and a special thanks goes out to John Brock. Thanks boys.
I wonder how many Bell county faithful will still order papa johns pizza, Question of the day
Finis Wrote:McPeek trying to get more time while he waits an a job he wants more. It just keeps getting better and better. What a joke.

Heard his name mentioned by a few people for the Lawrence County job as well but I don't know if that is fact or rumor about him applying for the position.
Talked to my old hunting buddy from Bell co. He said that McPeek is holding them off hoping to get the Montgomery Co. job and the Principal of BCHS is not smart enough to fiqure that out??

He says the legacy of Supt Gilaim will be destroying the school system and the football team. Principal's legacy is failing behind Pineville and Middlesboro in academics and sports. Pretty strong words.
It's time for Bell co to Beg Mr Hoskins to take the job, Maybe the only way to save face. Plus the assistants would come back for him. Swallow your pride people and hire someone that actually wants the job and cares about our community. Most would support this and the other would be ok with this hire
JohnWayne Wrote:It's time for Bell co to Beg Mr Hoskins to take the job, Maybe the only way to save face. Plus the assistants would come back for him. Swallow your pride people and hire someone that actually wants the job and cares about our community. Most would support this and the other would be ok with this hire

Maybe that would be a good idea but i can tell you right now..that will NOT happen. besides if i was a former assistant and the offered it to me now. If you have any pride about you at all you would laugh in their face.
Then again......nothing else would surprise me about this debacle anymore.
JohnWayne Wrote:It's time for Bell co to Beg Mr Hoskins to take the job, Maybe the only way to save face. Plus the assistants would come back for him. Swallow your pride people and hire someone that actually wants the job and cares about our community. Most would support this and the other would be ok with this hire

No way that happens. This group doesn't know anything about football or even loyalty.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:No way that happens. This group doesn't know anything about football or even loyalty.

That is very true. It has proved to be an embarrassing situation to a very proud football program going back 30 years. They have made enemies of 30 years worth of Bobcats and it will not be forgotten.
pjdoug Wrote:I would think Dudley has high expectations no matter where he is.

If Dudley played in 1 regional championship game every decade at Taylor, he would be a god. There are zero expectations at Taylor. Look at who he replaced! If he just makes the post season regularly, they will never fire him.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:If Dudley played in 1 regional championship game every decade at Taylor, he would be a god. There are zero expectations at Taylor. Look at who he replaced! If he just makes the post season regularly, they will never fire him.

I still dont think Dudley is satisfied with losing. The video camera proved that.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:If Dudley played in 1 regional championship game every decade at Taylor, he would be a god. There are zero expectations at Taylor. Look at who he replaced! If he just makes the post season regularly, they will never fire him.

Granny Bear Wrote:^^You are still bitter, aren't you?

Confusednicker:

I hope Dudley goes to Harlan County and sees his shadow Confusednicker:
Is there any way to find out how much the football program brings each season?
trenches14 Wrote:Is there any way to find out how much the football program brings each season?

All gate receipts are public record, I think. All you'd have to do is ask. I could be incorrect.
And the beat goes on!!!!
McPeek said "NO"
The AD has officially Resigned and the Super is having a meeting in the morning, and thinking she will retire affective immediately..
Things are falling apart!
I know for a Fact the Def. Cord. from Somerset tried to get an interview and they would not talk to Him. Missed a Good Chance to get a Good Young Coach from a Good Program. What a Mess.
They need to fire the whole bunch of them that have created this mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobcat4years Wrote:McPeek said "NO"
The AD has officially Resigned and the Super is having a meeting in the morning, and thinking she will retire affective immediately..
Things are falling apart!

Maybe my only chances of getting this job. :insane: waiting on a call. Confusedmoke:
Dud sure didnt like the Princ or Superintendent, is this foreshadowing? Confusednicker:
I am hearing the next guy up is not very excited. Fire the Principal, save face , and hire.
4theplayerz ,So give us the the recap of today. Since you are in the know. Did one of your buddies resign? The three are starting to fold under this pressure. If true a AD resigns and Brock is trying to lie his way out of the mix. What of the principal, will he be on the carpet for some of the moves he has made?
  •  Previous
  • 32(current)
  • Next