•  Previous
  • 26(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Middlesboro fan as everyone knows...... I'm starting to really feel for this kids at BCHS you know they get on here and read all this and they know SEVERAL coaches have turned it down! 750,000 football field but ZERO respect for the kids! Should of let Fraizer hire Hoskins and the circus would be over!!!
Again what are yall waiting on, FIRE THE SUPER AND PRIN!!!!!! Hell U of Mizz fired their prez why cant you all fire these dip@$%^ admin?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Again what are yall waiting on, FIRE THE SUPER AND PRIN!!!!!! Hell U of Mizz fired their prez why cant you all fire these dip@$%^ admin?

That is coming but it will be after the next election.
Finis Wrote:That is coming but it will be after the next election.

after they've hired a mediocre coach?
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:McPeek I believe is who they are talking about running the Wing T not Greg.

Okay. I was confused on that haha. But I'd still say that Greg runs a multiple formation offense. But if Greg is chosen then the power I is something that the bobcat faithful should be used to seeing. Was a staple of dudleys offense too.
You will find that the folks on here are good with Duncum, Most want him. I wish they would hire him today
pjdoug Wrote:You have to have the ability to air it out against top quality teams :football:

That is the biggest misconception in high school football. The only teams who are perennial powers that throw it all the time are the elites. Highlands, trinity, ect. They could win no matter what system they run. If you look at the teams who won the state championship this year, they were all won by teams who run the ball well. 1a pikeville. Used the run to set up the pass. Could not have won without the successful running game. 2a mayfield, ran and threw it extremely well but I'd honestly put them in the elite category. They'd compete for a title in every class except 6a. 3a belfry. They sorely miss that passing game. (Kidding) 4a south warren. Defense and a strong running game is what got them there. 5a bowling green. Pounded Pulaski county, if Pulaski had pounded back I think they would have won. 6a male was so much more talented than Lafayette they could have ran literally anything and won.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:That is the biggest misconception in high school football. The only teams who are perennial powers that throw it all the time are the elites. Highlands, trinity, ect. They could win no matter what system they run. If you look at the teams who won the state championship this year, they were all won by teams who run the ball well. 1a pikeville. Used the run to set up the pass. Could not have won without the successful running game. 2a mayfield, ran and threw it extremely well but I'd honestly put them in the elite category. They'd compete for a title in every class except 6a. 3a belfry. They sorely miss that passing game. (Kidding) 4a south warren. Defense and a strong running game is what got them there. 5a bowling green. Pounded Pulaski county, if Pulaski had pounded back I think they would have won. 6a male was so much more talented than Lafayette they could have ran literally anything and won.
I didnt say pass every play.I said the ability to air it out.The teams you are calling elite are elite because they are well coached,balanced and fundamentally sound, and stop one dimensional teams in their tracks. Pikeville had 177 yards passing against Beechwood. Bowling Green had 199 yards passing vs. Pulaski County.South Warren had 154 yards passing vs. Johnson Central. Male had 341 yards passing vs. Lafayette...Belfry is about the only team that didn't have to pass Confusednicker:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:That is the biggest misconception in high school football. The only teams who are perennial powers that throw it all the time are the elites. Highlands, trinity, ect. They could win no matter what system they run. If you look at the teams who won the state championship this year, they were all won by teams who run the ball well. 1a pikeville. Used the run to set up the pass. Could not have won without the successful running game. 2a mayfield, ran and threw it extremely well but I'd honestly put them in the elite category. They'd compete for a title in every class except 6a. 3a belfry. They sorely miss that passing game. (Kidding) 4a south warren. Defense and a strong running game is what got them there. 5a bowling green. Pounded Pulaski county, if Pulaski had pounded back I think they would have won. 6a male was so much more talented than Lafayette they could have ran literally anything and won.
Great insight. I have often wished for a better spread of pass/run at KC but the truth is if you can run it - you should. What always amazes me is how little good running teams leverage play action. Us included. Take a Bell, or Knox, or any team with a solid running game and use play action 30% of the time and linebackers would be too confused to "fill" or drop. But the teams who can run... run, run, pass punt. The teams who can't typically aren't good enough to mount a passing attack.

There you go future coach of BC... the recipe for success on page 26 of BGR. My fees go up after the first free one. :-)
^I love a power running game as good as anybody,but you wouldn't believe how many times I have watched my team run the ball on 3rd down and 12 with the box stacked in the past.it's sickening to watch Confusednicker:
Russellpride if you do truely care, love or whatever McPeek you need to tell him to be careful what he gets himself into. He better not take the word of the leadership who has never been to practice and don't watch the games. Best thing he could do is go to Walmart or Dairy Queen and actually talk to people that know the program and is around it. The majority of people here are not happy with the things that have happened and changes will be coming. Anyone brought in by them will be associated with them. Anything short of 8-9 wins will lead to all kinds of outcry!
When most say air it out they are talking about have an offense that is primarily a passing offense. Which means throwing it most of the time. That is what my comment was in reference too. I agree all those teams did have good games through the air. They were set up by the running game. They pounded until the defense stuffed the box then ran play action for a big gain. I completely agree with football1. The threat of passing needs to be there. Play action is needed. Imho a power running game is great but the best offense in high school is a triple option attack. Belfry has shown that time and time again. Also a triple option offense took Whitley to their first ever region championship game.
Too much is always made of power run vs passing...The fact is and theres no arguing this the best teams in the country at any level are teams that are balanced. By balanced i don't mean equal runs and pass. What i mean is you have to be able to be effective at both. Great teams can throw when needed and run when needed. I know there are exception (belfry) but make no mistake about it belfry has great talent year in and year out and they could win regardless of what they do. They have had Qbs in the past that can throw just as good as they run. They facts are to be as good as you can possibly be you need balance. This old 3 yards and a cloud of dust mentality is ridiculous. You will never beat great teams that way (thats been proven at Bell county). Also no one needs to throw is 70 times a game. You show me a team with no balance 99 times out of 100 that team will not be an elite team.
Sounds to me that some boosters and the community want to run the football program! Nate McPeek will be the next coach, he is coming from one of the tops schools in Georgia, Tucker HS and you dont get hired their because of politics you get hired their because you know your stuff. This is the only region in the country that you get hired for who you know and who likes you instead of how experienced a coach you are and how much you have studied the game and can bring to the student athletes and the program.
Again you have people that get on here that have either as a coach been beaten my another coach or their a disgruntled parent. I dont think its the right thing to comment on
things that you really dont know the answers but just rumors.
I do know the KHSAA gave Tucker their highest recommendation for Nate McPeek so why wouldnt you want a coach who has had success that is also coming from one of the top schools in GA.
Only answer to that is that you want to control things and have your own guy in their instead of the best.
Put all this hate and politics behind you and do what is best for the kids.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:When most say air it out they are talking about have an offense that is primarily a passing offense. Which means throwing it most of the time. That is what my comment was in reference too. I agree all those teams did have good games through the air. They were set up by the running game. They pounded until the defense stuffed the box then ran play action for a big gain. I completely agree with football1. The threat of passing needs to be there. Play action is needed. Imho a power running game is great but the best offense in high school is a triple option attack. Belfry has shown that time and time again. Also a triple option offense took Whitley to their first ever region championship game.

Whitley County lost to Highlands because they had no passing game whatsoever.
redrocket Wrote:Too much is always made of power run vs passing...The fact is and theres no arguing this the best teams in the country at any level are teams that are balanced. By balanced i don't mean equal runs and pass. What i mean is you have to be able to be effective at both. Great teams can throw when needed and run when needed. I know there are exception (belfry) but make no mistake about it belfry has great talent year in and year out and they could win regardless of what they do. They have had Qbs in the past that can throw just as good as they run. They facts are to be as good as you can possibly be you need balance. This old 3 yards and a cloud of dust mentality is ridiculous. You will never beat great teams that way (thats been proven at Bell county). Also no one needs to throw is 70 times a game. You show me a team with no balance 99 times out of 100 that team will not be an elite team.
balance describes it perfectly
to get back on topic. Has Justin Price been considered for the Bell County coaching job? Would he have any interest?
pjdoug Wrote:to get back on topic. Has Justin Price been considered for the Bell County coaching job? Would he have any interest?

Never heard of him who is it?
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County lost to Highlands because they had no passing game whatsoever.

Whitley County lost to Highlands because Highlands is better than Whitley County in every aspect of the game.
There must be some big misconceptions about running anything you want when 2 of your teams who can win it running anything they want didn't win it.
pjdoug Wrote:to get back on topic. Has Justin Price been considered for the Bell County coaching job? Would he have any interest?

Why would he. he will beat them by 30 next year.
Talkin about the Running and Passing teams. I tend to disagree jus a little. For instance, Take a look at Belfry and Bell.... These are and have been well oils machines and don't have a passing plays that set up their run plays..... As for passing teams take BreAthitt in '02. Who rarely ran unless it was the QB. They were a well oiled machine that threw the ball down the field and were also unstoppable. Don't get me wrong, a more balanced team you would think would be better... However if you can hone your teams to play like this, where they are finely tuned... You will win... And you will make people like it.
It's all about being great at what you do...... Teams that run plays to perfection will outdo bigger stronger faster teams who aren't as specific....
Back to the Bell county hire... I'm gonna have to punt.... I apologize, I figured they would have hired someone by now..... And it don't look like the one I thought was gonna get it will... Wake up Bell Co!! I want to see you do as good as possible!! The longer you wait and the more you play politics, the worse you will be...
bcpc Wrote:It's all about being great at what you do...... Teams that run plays to perfection will outdo bigger stronger faster teams who aren't as specific....

I hate to keep getting off topic i know this forum isn't about offensive styles. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but...Its true that great teams run plays to perfection, however that wasnt my point..My point is that the best teams on any level run a balanced offense. Now they do run those plays to "perfection" as you say. I disagree completely that you have to be "specific" if by specific you mean you only run a couple of plays. Ask any coordinator worth anything (not all are) whats the hardest thing to stop. They all will tell you a versatile system that utilizes both run and pass....Yes you have to be effective and do it well but to think if you run 5 plays perfect you will always win against someone who runs multiple is just wrong. If you run 50 plays effectively you will lose against a team who runs 10 things well.
But anyway.. As a person who doesn't live in the mountains anymore i'm not in the "in" circle. Does anyone have any idea who the next coach will be?
coach77 Wrote:Again you have people that get on here that have either as a coach been beaten my another coach or their a disgruntled parent. I dont think its the right thing to comment on
things that you really dont know the answers but just rumors.
I do know the KHSAA gave Tucker their highest recommendation for Nate McPeek so why wouldnt you want a coach who has had success that is also coming from one of the top schools in GA.
Only answer to that is that you want to control things and have your own guy in their instead of the best.

When did the khsaa start giving out recommedations?:pondering:
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County lost to Highlands because they had no passing game whatsoever.

Whitley lost to highlands because highlands was twice the team Whitley county was. It doesn't matter if Urban Meyer or Nick Saban was coaching Whitley, they lose.
  •  Previous
  • 26(current)
  • Next