•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
^^Stories everywhere!!! And NO consistent story anywhere!!!
Smile

I'm still hearing Duncum, but I also heard Frazier was in like Flynn. So who knows??

Good luck Bobcats...
I can tell you what happens with these guys. They interview and offer , then one of the committee will contact someone else and make it known they want him. These guys are not on the same page, they do not know what they are doing. Coaches talk, you have to be able to believe what Bell is saying and right now , the truth is lost in every breath. If Duncum has turn it down, due to the a member of the committee contacting someone else and begging them to take it, they have to be dismissed. This job has been turned down directly at least 3 times and indirectly (ask if interested) another 5. It is time for a new hire both coach and principal. Get it done or get the hell out.
I have heard the same thing.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Duncum is most definitely out after the final meeting. You can't compare apples to sour oranges. No one will ever agree to the former ones doings

What do you mean with the last couple sentences? I may be behind.
1. The naysayers overstate the dire situation of Bell football. You have great facilities, kids who love the game, dedicated parents and coaches in junior programs, and a winning tradition.

2. You compete against teams, for the most part, who are dealing with the same economic depression you are. So they will decline and rise similar to you from a talent pool standpoint.

3. So your Superintendent knows little about football... how many do? It is a position that is often occupied by academic and political leader - not athletic. Same for Principal. Our AD was a track guy for years...

Point is things are not near as bad for Bell football as some are suggesting. SI, Principals, AD's don't tackle, block, or run the ball. If they end up hiring the head cheerleader Bell will be competitive. They always are.
I have to disagree just somewhat, good, intelligent coaches will not work for untrustworthy bosses. Couple that with the lack of participation in Bells middle school program, this could be a disaster for a few years. Stability is what they needed for the times ahead, along with a good recruiter. They will not be 3-7 bad , but 6-4 and 5-5 is not acceptable for that program and that is where it is headed. Dare say even a losing season in 2 years. So with that said, a great coach is needed and those will not work in this situation.
Did Duncum turn this down?
Bell is silly if they don't offer McPeek and give him whatever he needs to be successful. These other guys are good solid coaches though be interesting to see what the decide.
He sure does fit one need, recruiter. They can not give anyone what is needed to be successful. No money or jobs.

Let's not forget about Bell being on probation. How long does that last?
russellpride Wrote:Bell is silly if they don't offer McPeek and give him whatever he needs to be successful. These other guys are good solid coaches though be interesting to see what the decide.

Do you not understand that they can't give him or anyone else what they need!!! 1 million plus in cuts coming. Lots of people working in bell co now will not have a job next year. Can't go out and hire someone to help a coach especially 1 that has a lot of baggage. Not happening.
TopCat ,

I like how you think you can comment on a coach as "baggage" what makes you feel like you have the right to say anything about him when you are clueless about anything he has done.
1. one of the best players in Russell high school history a storied tradition
2. started every game at Marshall Freshmen thru Senior season and one of the best is school history.
3. helped take a school that football was about to drop and turn it into a state championship title contender.
4. had ZERO to do with the student enrolled and ran a super program from little league to jhigh to high school and he is an unbelievable strength and conditioning coach.
5. plus a Christian and outstanding person who relates to the kids very well and the kids love to play for him.

you would be lucky just to get him!!!
but from the sound of things all the parents are wanting to run the school. if you want to do that get your degree,principals and superintendent licensure and have at it. If not and your a taxpayerthen voice your opinion but dont bash people .
russellpride I am beginning to think you are Mcpeeks cousin or something. Here is the deal dude your boy CHEATED and he cheated enough to get harmed by the KHSAA. If you cheat enough for the KHSAA to do something, HOLY COW you have done some BIGTIME cheating. KHSAA really does nothing to cheaters and don't start with telling me they have here and there, sure here and there but they finally got some guys that have been cheating for years and there are a couple of guys out there that they haven't hammered that have state titles and have been cheating for years. My point your boy did some pretty heavy cheating!!!! And most of you are correct it is going to be hard to get a good coach because he wouldn't be able to bring anyone with him and HE WILL BE EXPECTED TO WIN 8,9 OR 10 GAMES EVERY YEAR. Yall should FIRE your super and prin, how about holding them accountable FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!!
Hammered that is
Eagle has landed I'm friends with Nathan and know him and you need to move on buddy. No need to get into what you just said but grow up and let the man be. Petrino did much worse and back with Louisville. It was over an ineligible player which counselor and AD said to play him. Not saying he's innocent but move on dude.
Really? Principal got fired, coach got fired and super still in some trouble over one kid that was played because the counselor and AD said he was a go. I do not even want to discuss this, so stop making it sound so innocent. Everyone knows and has read the sanctions.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Really? Principal got fired, coach got fired and super still in some trouble over one kid that was played because the counselor and AD said he was a go. I do not even want to discuss this, so stop making it sound so innocent. Everyone knows and has read the sanctions.

As far as the coach all it was all other sanctions on super please read it and you will see.
I know, I have read it. Simply put three guys wanted to win a state championship and was going to get players any way they could. All three are guilty. The chain of command is more responsible as it goes up, but all knew. Let us stop there, we do not need to rehash this for his sake.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Really? Principal got fired, coach got fired and super still in some trouble over one kid that was played because the counselor and AD said he was a go. I do not even want to discuss this, so stop making it sound so innocent. Everyone knows and has read the sanctions.

You are incorrect read the material. He resigned from being the coach but could've stayed and worked was tenured
Really, ok he resigned. I told you , you need to let it go. If I were a coach I would do the same if my super and principal was on board. They got caught. Let it go.
Exactly let it go buddy
And read it because your wrong
From an old timer here it's about our kids. They are suffering. Been weeks and they are left out in the cold. Something needs to be done now. Can't believe we got rid of a staff of fine coaches who were good for our boys and Bell Co Football has come to this. All this could have been prevented. Jumped the gun trying to throw the power around and now look at the mess they've made. Need a coach and need it now for our boys.
I understand your frustration Cat fans.....I've been there.

But, please calm down a little and get back on topic.

Thank you!
I can assure you this. Their is a large group of parents that will not under any circumstance allow their children to play for McPeek. That has been discussed and is 100% true. They got rid of a coach that the parents liked and wanted their kids around. They will not stand for a hire of someone that has a laundry list of issues. Russelpride we really don't care what you think down here!!

Plus he is demanding a job for his wife. I don't think the board members will like that move.
Has Duncum taken his name out, or declined?
William Muney Wrote:I can assure you this. Their is a large group of parents that will not under any circumstance allow their children to play for McPeek. That has been discussed and is 100% true. They got rid of a coach that the parents liked and wanted their kids around. They will not stand for a hire of someone that has a laundry list of issues. Russelpride we really don't care what you think down here!!

Plus he is demanding a job for his wife. I don't think the board members will like that move.

Well of course he's married. Players be lucky to play for him, worse thing players and parents could do would be to have this line of thinking. In all honesty couldn't ask for better man and coach to lead your young men. Hopefully you give him a chance if it happens. Don't be closed minded people that gets you nowhere
Mcpeek has declined once but guess they are upping the poker chips
Madness Wrote:Has Duncum taken his name out, or declined?

Who cares he's terrible
I could win if the school was paying my recruits room and board. I go find them and take tax payers money and pay their bills. Move them in and tell my bosses what I need. do not talk about terrible.
Madness Wrote:I could win if the school was paying my recruits room and board. I go find them and take tax payers money and pay their bills. Move them in and tell my bosses what I need. do not talk about terrible.

Lol your funny saying you could win
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next