•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
wildcats fan Wrote:Where did he coach at?

North Laurel for 4 years I thought it was five but khsaa says 4 with 17 wins and 23 losses.
It is Duncam btw
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:North Laurel for 4 years I thought it was five but khsaa says 4 with 17 wins and 23 losses.
It is Duncam btw

They were also 2-18 two years prior to him!!
Kids like Duncan.
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:North Laurel for 4 years I thought it was five but khsaa says 4 with 17 wins and 23 losses.
It is Duncam btw

BTW it is Duncum
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Listen I know most of you parents think your child has to like the coach, the big thing is they better respect the coach. It is not the 6th grade anymore it is big boy football. I really don't think the player has to like the coach but better respect him.
So is anyone going to take this job?
[quote=panther nation]BTW it is Duncum[/QUOTE

I've know Greg for over 30 years I believe I know how he spells his name.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
All things considered, Duncum would be a good hire for Bell at this point. The biggest issue would be staffing. He's a very good coach and the kids would respect and enjoy playing for him, but he can't do the job by himself.
I must retract my earlier statement about Duncum . He may be the new coach ,but the pizza man is trying to get McPeek back involved. Fire these guys now!!!!!!
Duncum or Duncan is in at Bell .....so here are the facts you fire a coach that has a 750 winning record and hire a coach that is 500 at best. He will have a uphill battle getting the fans on his side. Maybe the smart move at this point tho, with everyone turning the job down. As a life long Bell co fan this is a sad time for me and I'm not really sure how I feel about all of this
JohnWayne Wrote:Duncum or Duncan is in at Bell .....so here are the facts you fire a coach that has a 750 winning record and hire a coach that is 500 at best. He will have a uphill battle getting the fans on his side. Maybe the smart move at this point tho, with everyone turning the job down. As a life long Bell co fan this is a sad time for me and I'm not really sure how I feel about all of this
That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he is a good coach.
If it's Duncum. What does he do about assistants? There is no jobs to bring anybody with him and all the ones already there I'm sure are bitter. Even as a rival of Bell I don't like what is going on or see how anybody can dig out from this quickly.
Duncum will keep kids out and play good style of football on offense. He is from Harlan Co and has coached for several years. He has coaching buddies all around! He will get assistant coaches to help!
PRIDE101 Wrote:Mills will not be on the Whitley staff. As for the visitors, I would say from these other post it may have been Hoskins and his sons. Great pick up if true.

maybe Mills will be on the Knox Central staff then.
It is Duncam btw

Duncum.
panther nation Wrote:[quote=panther nation]BTW it is Duncum[/QUOTE

I've know Greg for over 30 years I believe I know how he spells his name.

Do you know how to spell mediocre? Confusednicker:
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Duncum will keep kids out and play good style of football on offense. He is from Harlan Co and has coached for several years. He has coaching buddies all around! He will get assistant coaches to help!

I could have sworn he played for Corbin in the early 1980's Smile. he wont keep kids out because he wont be there long if they hire him.
Thunder Lips Wrote:That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he is a good coach.

None.

I've hit on this within the thread before and given examples of very successful coaches here in our state that didn't exactly have eye popping records at their first gigs (most notably, Kevin Wallace of BG and Ty Scroggins at Central + some big time college coaches).

Here is another. Mike DuBose (former Alabama HC from 96-00 and D-III Millsaps college HC) went 0-10 the year after he was fired from Alabama at a high school. Here is a guy who WON an SEC Championship + three other Conference Championships at the NCAA D-III level and he had an O'fer season right out of the gates after being in the major college game.
Greg was the starting web for Corbin on the 82' state championship team. I also think he held some passing records at Union college until The early 2000's. I may be wrong about Union, but I know for a fact he was the qb for Corbin on the 82 team.
I wish this guy all the best. He is going to need all the luck he can get. I don't know if him taking the job says he has guts or if it says he's just that desperate and ignorant. Either way good luck.
pjdoug Wrote:I could have sworn he played for Corbin in the early 1980's Smile. he wont keep kids out because he wont be there long if they hire him.

He did play for Corbin then. But his family moved from Lynch
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
:dontthink
pjdoug Wrote:maybe Mills will be on the Knox Central staff then.

Just want happen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I hope Mills finds a place to land. It will not be at Knox. It will probably be the summer and by that time a lot of this off the field stuff is forgotten. I wish him luck.
panther nation Wrote::dontthink

Just want happen

You could take Wayne and give Scotty to Bell so he will be a little closer to home Confusednicker:
panther nation Wrote:He did play for Corbin then. But his family moved from Lynch

My family lived in Harlan County but I'm from Whitley County :biggrin:
Did Bell County hire a coach? or is everything on here just a rumor?
Hearing making final push to try get McPeek not sure if more money on table or not
No more money, free Papa Johns pizza as long as he coaches at Bell. One stipulation, he has to talk to the owner at the games.

Still makes me wonder about why we got rid of Mills , if we make this hire?
WhyLie Wrote:No more money, free Papa Johns pizza as long as he coaches at Bell. One stipulation, he has to talk to the owner at the games.

Still makes me wonder about why we got rid of Mills , if we make this hire?

Job is open correct? You need a coach correct? How is it the incoming coaches fault all you guys keep bringing up this and that are you 2? This thread has gotten very immature just to be honest. Whomever next guy is should be supported because it's about the kids not any adult
I haven't gotten the impression that the Bell Co supporters are blaming a new coach. Unfortunately, it is NOT about the kids at this point. It is about the adults (?) who created this fiasco, and most of us just want it over so the kids can get back on track before too long of a time period has elapsed.

Bell has a rich football tradition, and I wish them well in trying to work out this mess.

After all, who am I going to accuse of cheating if Bell don't get back on track????
Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next