•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Trenches07 Wrote:[quote=RunItUpTheGut]Nobody ever had a problem with Pulaski being a part of the "mountains" until they started winning and taking that illustrious and mythical king of the moubrains title prestige away from others.

This is a Bell Co. topic. If you want to talk about Pulaski who then start a thread.

Because, if you have someone in house that you know can do just as good of a job as anyone you would get from the outside, not to mention the guy that you bring in will have no emotional or physical ties to those kids history or the county. Given those facts, they will prove themselves with this decision 3 years from now or sooner. You will see so will they. Good luck to ya
Maybe Bell County can hire Hines from Pulaski County, or maybe not.
Redwolf Wrote:It'll be hard for him to fit in at Bell then, where they've never brought in a player from outside the district.

^Confusednicker::hilarious: is all I have to say about that.
I think Bell will look outside and then Hire Frazier! I hear they have no one in the weight room at this time!
pjdoug Wrote:[quote=Trenches07]
Maybe Bell County can hire Hines from Pulaski County, or maybe not.

He does want turf. Just not sure he's willing to stoop to that level to get it.
panther nation Wrote:So basically bell is still no closer to getting a new coach.

Nor will they with the attitude of some of there fans we are seeing and the inept hiring process.
Bell County is a hot mess. Mcpeek would fit right in with trenches and Bell County.
Well it seems like the dust is settling on Log Mountain and only 1 Coach will even come talk to them. Rumor is that he will be visiting this weekend. This has been an unbelievable debacle in how not to make a Coaching change. The folks in charge wonder why nobody will even talk about this job? it is obvious. Poor leadership, nobody wants to put their name in that mess. Whoever comes next (no matter who it is) will be looked upon as the person the dropped the rope.
Sounds like the guy that takes it will feel like ,..the guy that dropped the SOAP.

:drooling:
NextGeneration Wrote:Sounds like the guy that takes it will feel like ,..the guy that dropped the SOAP.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
NextGeneration Wrote:Sounds like the guy that takes it will feel like ,..the guy that dropped the SOAP.

Confusednicker:
Going to pi**ed some people off in Corbin and Williamsburg but I'm thinking about turning in my application for the job. I only need gas money and 2 Coke machine in school and a background check and I'm ready to go. Contact me on BGR. :bike::bike::bike::bike:
Just one question, how can you fire a guy and say actions that were detrimental to the football program and seriously consider hiring a guy that has come close to the death penalty for football programs by KHSAA. Explain that one to me. Does that administration ever get out and follow sporting events or read the paper, or sports internet articles?
64SUR Wrote:Going to pi**ed some people off in Corbin and Williamsburg but I'm thinking about turning in my application for the job. I only need gas money and 2 Coke machine in school and a background check and I'm ready to go. Contact me on BGR. :bike::bike::bike::bike:

Seems like I do recall you helping the legendary Doug Doan coach some back in the day.:rockon:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Seems like I do recall you helping the legendary Doug Doan coach some back in the day.:rockon:

Doug Doan was a Jellico Hall of Famer....One of the greatest coaches in my time in Tennessee. :worthy:
PRIDE101 Wrote:Just one question, how can you fire a guy and say actions that were detrimental to the football program and seriously consider hiring a guy that has come close to the death penalty for football programs by KHSAA. Explain that one to me. Does that administration ever get out and follow sporting events or read the paper, or sports internet articles?

Let's see our super said she didn't care about wins and losses so you decide if the administration cares about this football program. Better start begging the men back that were fired but we aren't that smart. Still outraged that we are destructing ourselves.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Just one question, how can you fire a guy and say actions that were detrimental to the football program and seriously consider hiring a guy that has come close to the death penalty for football programs by KHSAA. Explain that one to me. Does that administration ever get out and follow sporting events or read the paper, or sports internet articles?

To be fair yes he was the HC but he didn't commit any crimes and they offered everything that the KHSAA accepted which was the right to do when it was found that the kid that transferred from Ashland was ineligible. If Fairview didn't win and didn't win big nobody would have cared or nothing would have been said. Gotta give credit to McPeek for winning and bringing all those kids from different backgrounds together. Whether you want to hire him or not he deserves a 2nd chance and his resume speaks for itself on how to operate a program. I'm honestly surprised he didn't go into college coaching but heard his wife isn't about all that time away spent in college coaching. Good luck to Bell and Coach McPeek
russellpride Wrote:Any prospects on who they are interviewing?
lol
Russellpride I cant believe a human can be so naive to be saying the things you are saying about McPeek. I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would like to sell you for cheap. Com on MAN!!!! He won cause he recruited those kids and if you think someone else did it and he didn't know about it then he must be the biggest moron on earth.

^Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Going to pi**ed some people off in Corbin and Williamsburg but I'm thinking about turning in my application for the job. I only need gas money and 2 Coke machine in school and a background check and I'm ready to go. Contact me on BGR. :bike::bike::bike::bike:

You're fired! :gtfo:
pjdoug Wrote:You're fired! :gtfo:

:lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
We really need to take a look at the principal and what he has done with this hire. The AD is clueless and the guy brought in to fix pizzas is lost when it comes to coaching. Word is McPeek will be the guy. Job will be offered to him.
^
If true.

wow.

That is all.
I have officially withdrawn from my position of, " adviser to the hiring committee". I do not want my name associated with anything these guys do. The hiring committee has refused to listen to anything or anyone. They will be remembered for this hire and where Bell County goes from here. Richard Gambrel, Tom Lefevers, and John Brock. Good luck.:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
What a mess
Does anyone hold administrators accountable. If coaches are held accountable WHY NOT ADMIN???????????????????????
Wow! If this is true....... I was hearing another name......
Interviewing three this week
, but not sure who the three are, but hearing talk about an asst. coach with head coaching experience. Don't know the guy but R. Gambrel seems to like this guy. So that is all I know and Pizza man B gave that info to me.
My conment back to him was, " my son and all the kids at BCHS need a leader in place!"
^^^^ sounds like McPeek
Still not sure why a decent coach, regardless of their past, would want to come into a situation with basically no help and not allowed to bring in any help.
No matter how good of a coach you are, unless you have an adequate staff you are doomed from the start.
Let me get this straight, coach gets fired for various " issues", and the coach that looks to be the new hire is a guy with various "issues". Right.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next