•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
Coach isn't going to put his players in a bad situation and if they get in a fight then there out for the next game and that's the kind of thing that would happen as long as Kinder is there
And that isn't no excuse that's a fact
Kinder has proven time and time again he's a huge POS.
Point proven by his actions in the last game of the regular season last year.
Mingo Central is zero competition for Belfry , there is no upside to the game for us. Their coach "laid down" and intentionally lost a game last year so they could side step a better team in the playoffs. What kind of man teaches his players to manipulate the system to get farther in life? No Thank You , I never want to see Belfry on a field playing a coach with no integrity or character.

I would enjoy seeing Belfry play Wayne in Wanye County , WV. Powerhouse team that has several state championships.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Coach isn't going to put his players in a bad situation and if they get in a fight then there out for the next game and that's the kind of thing that would happen as long as Kinder is there
And that isn't no excuse that's a fact

Certainly know Coach Haywood....and have never known him to duck anyone....especially a series that would have the capability of producing a rivalry atmosphere. Completely agree with your assessment. Kinder is a royal piece of work.....and playing his team provides him some semblance of validation......and I know Belfry's not gonna play a role in that. IMO, Kinder represents everything that can go awry in coaching.

Just asked another poster why (?) because I took their post to indicating Belfry was dodging Mingo Central......

I say BS.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Certainly know Coach Haywood....and have never known him to duck anyone....especially a series that would have the capability of producing a rivalry atmosphere. Completely agree with your assessment. Kinder is a royal piece of work.....and playing his team provides him some semblance of validation......and I know Belfry's not gonna play a role in that. IMO, Kinder represents everything that can go awry in coaching.

Just asked another poster why (?) because I took their post to indicating Belfry was dodging Mingo Central......

I say BS.

Definitely BS:Skull03::Skull03::Skull03:
Any additional news this week on the 10th game for this fall?
Class of their own.
Can not wait to kick off this season. Going to be a great team as long as they work hard. Go Pirates
Does anyone know what the current schedule is?
We still don't have a tenth game but we did get a 2nd scrimmage we got Rockcastle Co.
Thanks, Where is Rockcastle, don't know anything about them.
Daddy Fred Wrote:Thanks, Where is Rockcastle, don't know anything about them.

Off I-75 right between Berea and London

Was a powerhouse in the 90's and early 2000's under Tom Larkey. Went to a couple State Title games but ran into Boyle County's buzzsaw. Fell off a bit over the past 6 pr 7 years but seem to be improving significantly. Not sure they will ever get to that elite level again though.

Should be quality competition but a bit over matched this year. Definitely better than South Point (OH) but won't be at the level of a team like Richlands, VA that Belfry will also scrimmage
On that note if Belfry picked up a 2nd scrimmage I think it is time to come to terms that it most likely will be a 9 game season.

This effectively eliminates Week 0 as an option for a game. The pickings are slim for someone to fill that open week in the middle of District Play.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Off I-75 right between Berea and London

Was a powerhouse in the 90's and early 2000's under Tom Larkey. Went to a couple State Title games but ran into Boyle County's buzzsaw. Fell off a bit over the past 6 pr 7 years but seem to be improving significantly. Not sure they will ever get to that elite level again though.

Should be quality competition but a bit over matched this year. Definitely better than South Point (OH) but won't be at the level of a team like Richlands, VA that Belfry will also scrimmage

I don't know what happened but we won't be scrimmaging Richlands this year
We have South Point and Rockcastel and we will be scrimmaging them some where in between here and there as for Rhea Co. They never got back with us
Don't guess they could get it worked out
has anyone got a schedule for belfry
Belfry will be scrimmaging Richlands & Rockcastle Co this year.....
throw deep Wrote:Belfry will be scrimmaging Richlands & Rockcastle Co this year.....

Well I'm just telling what Coach Varney said he said we would be scrimmaging South Point and Rockcastle Co. I'm sure he knows
Scrimmages
Richlands, VA
Rockcastle Co

Aug 26 - Tates Creek (Pike Co Bowl)
Sep 02 - Harlan Co
Sep 09 - @ Newport Catholic
Sep 16 - @ Pikeville
Sep 23 - @ Knoxville Catholic, TN
Sep 30 - Cabell Midland, WV
Oct 07 - @ Lawrence Co
Oct 14 - OPEN
Oct 21 - Pike Central
Oct 28 - @ Johnson Central
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Scrimmages
Richlands, VA
Rockcastle Co

Sep 02 - Harlan Co
Sep 16 - @ Pikeville
Oct 07 - @ Lawrence Co
Oct 14 - OPEN
Oct 21 - Pike Central

Final Schedule?
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Scrimmages
Richlands, VA
Rockcastle Co

Sep 02 - Harlan Co
Sep 16 - @ Pikeville
Oct 07 - @ Lawrence Co
Oct 14 - OPEN
Oct 21 - Pike Central

The good news with a 9 game schedule is I love where that OPEN date falls. Give you a week to heal up and get ready for the stretch run.
Kingsport Dobyns Bennett would be a good game for the open week and easy drive 2 hours tops
TigerBlues Wrote:Kingsport Dobyns Bennett would be a good game for the open week and easy drive 2 hours tops
Dobyns Bennett would be a great long term opponent for Belfry but they don't have an open date for 2016.
Leonidas Wrote:Final Schedule?
Unless we can pick up a game for week 8, yes.
Couple of things:
Devin Varney and Derek Wellman are both about 6'2 now and filling out their frames nicely. They're both going to look like machines by their senior years and I think their growth will be very noticeable this season.

Cole Bentley, Austin Dotson, and Rayquan Horton participated at the Opening in Columbus this weekend. Rayquan made the final 5 of all defensive lineman there and was matched up against an Ohio State commit... There's video floating around but Ray held his own against the OSU commit and beat him once according to them (personally I think Ray never lost).

I think Cole Bentley has honestly possibly grown another inch or at least a half an inch.
Looks like you're going have to do what Johnson central did start playing Huntington and Charleston teams they like 4 years contracts better than driving 4_5 hours down state and half the teams won't play you ,
Might luck out and somebody post a late opening in Ohio or wv
I recorded all 3 boys reps. You can go on Twitter most of their reps are on there.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Dobyns Bennett would be a great long term opponent for Belfry but they don't have an open date for 2016.

Yes it would.
Horton looked liked a man child in that video on bluegrass preps
All the belfry kids looked good no reason Ky shouldn't take all 3 of these boys there were a couple other Ky kids on the video Horton flat back one kid
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Off I-75 right between Berea and London

Do not ever remember Rockastle in a State Championship Game. Doubt if they ever made it to State Semi's. They were mostly a a Regional contender at best
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next