•  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
And for the record, there's LOTS of worse coaches than Evan Napier. Some even applied. Let it go. Support the guy that eventually gets hired, who and when that is.
well I will say this. if a coach does get on these sites they are crazy. I am not from clay but I feel like all of you want a good coach for your kids and I hope you get a good one. And yes when my boys played high school football I saw parents that wined and cried about the coach being mean, heck fire boys what football coach aint getting in somebodies butt ITS FOOTBALL. heck boys watch the old fanny patter les miles at lsu I aint seen him yall at no one but I have seen saban do it. who you want to be your coach miles or saban and you daddies keep in mind saban is going to put a foot in your boys tale but miles wont. he just claps and eats grass. who you would chose will say a lot about who complains about coahes.
walterwhite Wrote:And for the record, there's LOTS of worse coaches than Evan Napier. Some even applied. Let it go. Support the guy that eventually gets hired, who and when that is.

I hope you are not talking about DC Turner. Just because he hasn't coached doesn't mean he can't coach. From what I've heard though this coaching search might have broke the record for applicants that have never called a play in a football game.
Here is where we agree eagle...id rather have my boy play for Saban. Coaches need to yell and get fired up sometimes. Football is an emotional game. I remember when Mike Holcomb would go out at mid field in the mid 90s and early 2000s and rip his guys. Loved it. Chapman the same way. But now parents don't want little Jo yelled at. Parents want fanny patters as coaches and that just doesn't work. Hope Clay does get a good coach.
bobcatsfan Wrote:Here is where we agree eagle...id rather have my boy play for Saban. Coaches need to yell and get fired up sometimes. Football is an emotional game. I remember when Mike Holcomb would go out at mid field in the mid 90s and early 2000s and rip his guys. Loved it. Chapman the same way. But now parents don't want little Jo yelled at. Parents want fanny patters as coaches and that just doesn't work. Hope Clay does get a good coach.

yes sir and I am a fan of Holcomb and chapman. heck I think chapman will do a good job over at knott if they let him. he sure does know his defense!!!! And I will say this what Breathitt Co. has done winning 3 state titles did wonders for the way the people in other parts of the state look at mountain football.
Glad to see you guys have found common ground.
heck fire nothing wrong with a little intensity every know and then. I don't disagree with everything bcf said. seen his post on other things and agree with him 1000%. but we can disagree once in a while and not hold it against each other.
There'd be no fun in these boards if you can't disagree and poke fun at people! It's all in good fun.
Is this thing still going? Looks like everyone is saying what i said over a month ago! Id say another week and we will know our fate as clay county fans. Just remember when you hear the results of this election (cause essentially thats what it is) dont jump ship!
Ah that's the fun in rivals. All of us can act like we are geniuses about everything when really were not. I'm not anyways.
Acting is about all were doing! Haha
As long as they hire Eddie and no out of town guy then I won't jump ship. They might get a few of them other guys from clay that applied to be assistants to smith.
Yeah eddie is by far the most logical choice based on everything considered .. Exp, abolity, track record etc.
DarthVader Wrote:Glad to see you guys have found common ground.

I'm not. I'd rather listen to em argue than smooch.Confusednicker:
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I'm not. I'd rather listen to em argue than smooch.Confusednicker:

:biglmao:
Just a thought, why does Clay County think they can have a home run hire, when they do not pay. What would bring that type of hire to Manchester?
Flicka Wrote:Just a thought, why does Clay County think they can have a home run hire, when they do not pay. What would bring that type of hire to Manchester?

A "home run hire" is all in the eye of the beholder. The best of the best all had a first job. And when they got it, somebody bitched and griped about the decision. If a veteran coach is hired, he's too old for some fans. Just like a lot of hires in a lot of places, it could be a "home run" or a "whiff". The funny thing about it most hires end up being both, it just depends on who you talk to.
There honestly isn't that many "Homerun Hires" in the state, regardless of what you guys think, even Wayne Mills, he beats who he should beat and loses to teams that are more talented than his, just like every coach in the state. An even a smaller number of these "Homeruns" would be interested in coming to Clay County. A lot of people fail to realize that it takes more than a coach to win games, talent and communities win, not some miracle hire that comes to town, until Clay County realizes this, their efforts are futile at best.
walterwhite Wrote:A "home run hire" is all in the eye of the beholder. The best of the best all had a first job. And when they got it, somebody bitched and griped about the decision. If a veteran coach is hired, he's too old for some fans. Just like a lot of hires in a lot of places, it could be a "home run" or a "whiff". The funny thing about it most hires end up being both, it just depends on who you talk to.

I agree, I would argue there are more good coaches in the state than there is good jobs, even the best of the best would struggle at alot of the perennial bottom dwellars. In short, Dudley aint winning at Jenkins or Phelps.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Oh I'm sure there are plenty of coaches that read it. I just wonder about a coach that would let it concern him.

When I Coached, I never read this thread or any other thread. I didn't care what people thought. Confusednicker:
I agree with you DartHVader,
Football is not a one man show, starts with support and coachin staff.. One man can't coach 60 boys.. The best basketball coach in the state will tell you that he couldn't have won state rite without Larry Sizemors, Mike White and coach Campbell.. I said earlier in this thread that Clay Co job is a gold mine, if the support is there!!
The fan base is there!!! Turn on game films and look at all the tents on the sideline and fans in the stands
you know what they say. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken poo poo. You have to have kids that can make plays no matter who you are.
TheTigersEye Wrote:As long as they hire Eddie and no out of town guy then I won't jump ship. They might get a few of them other guys from clay that applied to be assistants to smith.
Water is low especially in Goose Creek.and bills is high. Support the choice until proved otherwise
If it ain't the guy I mentioned then the committee has failed these kids. Eddie would be a good choice, then hire the other 3-4 Clay applicants to work under him and learn from him in order to groom a successor after Eddie has success. He would be able to pull the youth program together, maybe even bring some middle school and grade school coaches up. Then just set back and watch the wins come.
Don't won't to disrespect or hurt anyone's feelings but if it was going to be a hometown boy they wouldn't be taking this long. Just saying.the only way it will be ed is if they wait to long to hire and he is all they have left. I am just repeating what I am hearing. Not bashing on Ed just saying what I am hearing.
Has Mills turned it down? If he were smart, he would run from Bell County. He will never live up to expectations of that fan base.
:lmao:
Look for things to pick up this coming week.
I think so too.
  •  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next