•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
well come on folks whats the word on Clay Co.
if they were to hire a coach now can he start working here like maybe in Jan
Well creek it works in different ways. Just depends on if the coach can get out of the contract they have signed with the other school district which could be an issue for some. Most let people out of their contracts but you never know. I hope Clay gets a good coach they deserve it. Been a while since they have actually had "consistent success." Now when the Lewis boy was there it was a fun team to watch. Need to get back to that style of play and maybe a bit stiffer defense. I love watching games where the football is flying all over the place.
So saying THE COACH COMBS can get out of that contract in Jan with the fine folks at Magoffin, can he get that super duper high flying touchdown scoring stiff defense playing team ready by spring practice? The Combs Crazies will be ready on tailgate alley!
Haha. Love your sarcasm. I really haven't seen anything posted by anyone about combs. So how can u call them combs crazies. I'm friends with his father so of course I'm gonna say Clay should hire him. I would take a chance on the kid but I know him personally and the things he has done with other teams. You on the other hand don't know him so you won't be so high on him I'm sure. Would he bring the air attack to Clay? Yes probably, would it be fun the watch? Yes would the defense be any better? Maybe you never know. Defense is played with heart and desire to knock the snot out of people. Some kids are soft and won't do it but if that's your best option to play him then that's what you have to do. He's really a great young man so I wouldn't get on here and mock because he isn't the coach YOU want. Heck he may stay at Magoffin County for all I know. Hard to go to a place where you can trust no one. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I'm just giving you a hard time man! I knew it would get a rise out of ya! jk I honestly don't care who gets it one way or the other as long as they're a solid coach that's good to the kids! He better be ready for everything if he does get the clay job, that's what worries me the most about him is his lack of experience when it comes to being the head man. This is a little different place, we just axed a guy that had devoted his entire career of 30+ years to the program and his son so imagine how long of a leash an outsider with 4-5 years coaching experience would be treated as soon as the ship starts to take on water. Good luck!
They need an out of county hire.
i have 2 very good friends that have been head high school coaches for a long time and they tell me being a head coach if you do it right you are going to make enemies cause you have to be honest and mommy and daddy don't like honest they like you to play and tell their baby how great he is. and they tell me no matter how many games you have won there are still going to be people that cant stand you no matter what you do.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:i have 2 very good friends that have been head high school coaches for a long time and they tell me being a head coach if you do it right you are going to make enemies cause you have to be honest and mommy and daddy don't like honest they like you to play and tell their baby how great he is. and they tell me no matter how many games you have won there are still going to be people that cant stand you no matter what you do.

It's the nature of the business.
When teams are successful its cause they have good players, but when they loose its the coaches fault.
Now Tiger I have an old heart. I know what your saying. Being young and taking over a program would be hard. But like I told someone before. Look at Haddix and what he has done. Combs came out of the same system. Breathitt boys like a good challenge. Trust me he will be truthful with mommy and daddy but he will do it in a way that is not negative toward the kids. I personally think the people at Clay would like this hire because he will get everything he can possibly get out of the kids that play.
It's not going to be combs and they aren't looking at any hometown boys.
I really don't know of much about the guy. And honestly 100% not trying to ruffle your feathers. He might be great, the only thing going I've seen mentioned is well he's like Haddix or he played with Haddix, tell us more about the guy, how many years he been coaching? What's he done as a coach? Playing with Haddix is not resume material. I keep hearing he deserves a head job, well why? What's he done to deserve it? Again not trying to come off in a negative light but he seems like one of the most inexperienced guys mentioned here.
They are going to hire someone with experience the committee is commuted to hiring on the best. I have talked to some of the guys and they are the real deal. It's not just about coaching kids, it's about handing the community parents and so much more.
Ok 4 out of the last 5 years he has been with teams that have went to the regional finals. Took a pike central team to Breathitt when chapman got ejected and won that game in the playoffs. Helped McCoy get magoffin county to the second round for the first time ever. He's a good coach but that's what is so fun about this site. I like to have a little fun with people too but his resume speaks for itself. Who cares if he played with Haddix I'm just saying they came out of the same "winning program." Coached in the program too until Holcomb decided to leave. Then went to help chapman at central. He left. Now he's at magoffin with McCoy. He really likes it there do he may just end up staying there. Who knows. But I know one thing if Clay does get him they will get a heck of a young coach looking to build a program. In all honesty id like to see him back at breathitt but as long as the state and spencer is there he will not come back.
bobcatsfan Wrote:Now Tiger I have an old heart. I know what your saying. Being young and taking over a program would be hard. But like I told someone before. Look at Haddix and what he has done. Combs came out of the same system. Breathitt boys like a good challenge. Trust me he will be truthful with mommy and daddy but he will do it in a way that is not negative toward the kids. I personally think the people at Clay would like this hire because he will get everything he can possibly get out of the kids that play.

Haddix took over a program at PCC that was in very good shape!!!!
and mommy and daddy don't hear anything or think anything but that their baby is the next All American!!! there is no letting mommy and daddy down easy. I have listen to my 2 friends tell some unbelievable stories about parents
True Browne had those boys playin pretty good when he left. No parents are ridiculous sometimes. Little Johnny is gonna go to the nfl so why isn't he playing. Yeah your right there is no way of letting parents off easy. Just be honest with them and go on. If they quit then they quit. Been the downfall of kids these days. Can't take alittle tough love from coaches and end up quitting. Society is changing eagle.
yes it is!!!!
Not sure anyone in Manchester knows what is going on !!!!!!! This hire process has just about caught up with Whitley County.
We may get to retire this thread in the "Classic" Forum if it goes much further...right beside Whitley County and the Dud!
It's ok here. People on here don't understand that last two hires from out of town (football and basketball) have been well aweful. Really wanting to make sure this time. But on the right track this time I think?
Imo there are many people that would be a good hire, because there is so much wrong here. If the committee is looking to get the numbers up Eddie Smith would be a good choice. If they are looking for someone to build it up a Mills type coach would be great. But, they must be careful. If a kid, like Fields who sat out basketball this season to be getting ready for football so I hear, gives up on the sport our county is known for people around here is going to bash him for taking their basketball players from them. It's going to be tough on whoever gets it in county or out.
Our last in county basketball hire seems to be working out pretty good. So why not look at some local guys?
Inside sources say the board and administration are meeting with Bell County coach Wayne Mills. They also say it is his job if he wants it (rightfully so)
Bobby Keith was hired last night as the new coach and Larry S. Is the D coord
If the hire early Jan. they will be fine. I see a guy from Laurel Co. Getting the job.
If I were a GAMBLER I'd BET that Eddie gets the job. I realize that he has only a couple of years as an assistant coach on his resume,but the students seem to like him and BOE does not have to create a job.He has a ready made coaching staff from Fogertown ready to go.IMO
First beer then Taco Bell and now a comedy club. Love all 3 and can stay home to enjoy. J/k
It's early right now so keep the jokes coming lol Last 4 or 5 post are side busters.
Seriously the hire is from outside. Bobby and Larry too busy scouting for basketball team
Eddie Is nice cool guy but time is not right.
Laurel Co dang sure ain't a place to look for a football coach
And Mills is talking to a lot of people but not adm or board or comittee He not leaving Bell but seems to love attention
Madness Wrote:If the hire early Jan. they will be fine. I see a guy from Laurel Co. Getting the job.

Sorry I forgot to apply....Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next