•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
Well whats the word yall cant tell me the administration is being this tight lipped about it?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Well whats the word yall cant tell me the administration is being this tight lipped about it?

Actually, they are being that tight lipped.
SP is right. Nothing is being said.
Probably as quiet as any coaching search I've seen.
Three man race, one third of the decision will be based on interviews and the rest will come down to who has final say so. Should be really interesting this week.
StormTrooper Wrote:Three man race, one third of the decision will be based on interviews and the rest will come down to who has final say so. Should be really interesting this week.

Who's the three?
Anybody that would know anything is not saying much, a bunch of guys that are unreliable are talking but that's all I know.
Are there really three in the hunt? Assuming there is no one with ties here that will be considered, I don't see 3 left but that don't mean a couple has not slipped under the radar lol. I hope they all are top flight choices and the best is picked.
Creek, you're a cc boy, you know the home boys will be considered.. which is fine if there's any qualified, but I am hearing done deal.
Lol TTeye prolly but if they follow the rules set in place in the hiring process, then no one qualifies from here. Homies can help in some capacity though but none that has been out their recently
One third of the decision will be based on the interveiw ,resume, and character.One third on how many buddies on comm. The final third of the decision is to be based on freinds in Administration.Good luck to all in the search.
Let me ask yall this ? is it possible that no one really knows what is going on and all this talk is just talk and that the fellars calling the shots are being that tight lipped?
The best I can figure is that it is very tight lipped til job closed today.The comm. will receive applicant list next week then they will start the process .
The fellars that are calling the shots are keeping their lips tighter than a glove my friend.
And the fellers are who
fan first Wrote:And the fellers are who

That is a hush, hush situation also,:biglmao:
Actually this has been one of the more professional approaches taken by a hiring committee that I can recall. Not a lot of gossip spread by those on the panel, and that's a good thing. Now we need this to translate into a good, solid hire, even if it's not exactly what some had hoped for. You can only hire someone that wants the job.
Recommending comittee not hiring. They haven't seen apps yet so like us going on heresay. Could decision be tabled till supt finds out his fate?
Really I just hope they get good coach. Heard so many names that has a lot of people really ansy. I think the last out of town sports hire which turned out to be a disaster really is having a bearing. What u think? Manzel just laid an egg lol
Tigercreek Wrote:Recommending comittee not hiring. They haven't seen apps yet so like us going on heresay. Could decision be tabled till supt finds out his fate?
Really I just hope they get good coach. Heard so many names that has a lot of people really ansy. I think the last out of town sports hire which turned out to be a disaster really is having a bearing. What u think? Manzel just laid an egg lol

If you want to get technical, the pricipal hires. But we do know better. The issue you mentioned could come in play, but make no mistake, there is knowlege of applicants. One thing we all agree on is we sure hope we get a solid coach to build this program. That and, yes, Johnny Football laid a grade A large today.
like you said ww one of the most professional ones I have seen. usually you have people on the inside caring tells! this doesn't seem to be the case. I am not from clay but I hope they land a coach no matter where he is from that knows how to turn a program around! I always pull for the mountain schools and I know clay as potential.
Lots of information going around with not a lot of facts to back it up, makes for good conversation. We all need to be on the committee, we would have it done .
Men at Work sings Who can it be now
The Eagle has landed Wrote:like you said ww one of the most professional ones I have seen. usually you have people on the inside caring tells! this doesn't seem to be the case. I am not from clay but I hope they land a coach no matter where he is from that knows how to turn a program around! I always pull for the mountain schools and I know clay as potential.

Make no mistake, there's plenty of tales being packed, they're just not getting posted on here.
It's like I said though, more tales than they are evidence to back it up.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Make no mistake, there's plenty of tales being packed, they're just not getting posted on here.

The tale packers don't have a clue.
I for one am so glad those in charge are not listening to public and not gossiping. It makes me think they are serious about hiring the right person. They are not out promising anyone anything. I feel good about this upcoming hire. Go Big Clay
prolly should not throw things out there on people without details, im sure makes people wonder what jones did, but i guess we know, they hired him back, so he didnt rob a bank, did very weill considering the level of support at estill county, Bobby Petrino has went on to lville, Lane Kiffin to alabama, im sure coach jones will be able to answer any questions crystal clear about something that happened 7 years ago that didnt keep him from getting his job back. Clay seems to be very similiar situation, may be good fit for him.
Talked to a comm. member this morning.He assured me that that being local or non local will have no bearing on decision.Said our last out of town hire didnt pan out and neither did our last local hire. We just want the best candidate that we can afford.
LandoGriffin Wrote:Talked to a comm. member this morning.He assured me that that being local or non local will have no bearing on decision.Said our last out of town hire didnt pan out and neither did our last local hire. We just want the best candidate that we can afford.
Don't believe that I'm sorry. Who local could qualify to be head coach here and move this program forward?
Member would'nt mention names,the general public keeps saying Mr. Eddie Smith who is already teaching at the school.If this is the choice then I wish him the best.If its an out of area hire then the best to him also.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next