•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
Not happening. Sorry
As is you haven't already, If you really believe there's more than 6 or 7 applicants for this job then you lose all credibility on this board. Some of the things I've read on here are from people with zero knowledge about anything going on. Also speculation, gossip, and bashing are female traits. Just saying. Clay county will always be the same no matter who gets the job ya better wear that knife proof vest on your back.
Don't care if it does or not, last time I talked to coach he seems content where he's at but for you guys to get on here and speak about something you dont know about gets under my skin. Coach is one of the hardest working coaches I know and does a fine job, to say otherwise is simply wrong.
If Sizemore took over a team that had 9 wins over 10 seasons then won 2 games over 2 seasons looks like he did about the same as the ones there before. Clay needs someone to improve their program. IDK the guy personally he may be a great football mind but I don't see him being the answer. I honestly believe if Wayne would have got out of the way we wouldn't even be having this conversation, the boys liked Evan and would have stuck with him. They had the tools to be no worse than second in their district even after a few of their injuries. People talking about knives in backs, IMO the knife came from within the family is the reason E lost his job.
I guess this thread is just full of females because I read a lot of gossip and bashing on here.
I thought sizemore had coached 3 years at bracken maybe I'm wrong can anyone verify that? And I'm not hearing any of the "big names" that people keep talking about?? no one can tell us any facts on here and yes I agree Evan could have been better but he picked his assistants but that's part of being a head coach. Also curious as to what offers Carr got i haven't heard anything about his future? Clay county definitely has some pieces next year with Sexton and Wolfe back and maybe House gives it another go. I would like to see a hire soon though and lets move on because its basketball season and we could focus on that.
Mike has won 7 games in three years where he's at. He returns nearly 30 of his 32 kids for the next three years, which in 1A foot ball that isn't bad. I honestly see him wanting to stick around during and riding that group through.
House is a senior. And I 100 % agree about evan and his assistant but you are correct he picked him
My bad for some reason I was thinking he was a junior, and thanks for the info, do we have any stats on any of the other candidates?
Looks like Clay hired their coach by the email that went out to the list serve yesterday.
Looks like Robbie Lucas will be coach from what I am hearing.
Where has Robbie Lucas coached at in the past?
He's the coach at somerset. Kinda shocking considering he was win less this year at a perennial powerhouse
DarthVader Wrote:He's the coach at somerset. Kinda shocking considering he was win less this year at a perennial powerhouse

Dudley to Somerset now. Thats the big news at work today. Dudley was oddly enough in Pulaski this week for something. Guess now we all know.
DarthVader Wrote:He's the coach at somerset. Kinda shocking considering he was win less this year at a perennial powerhouse

Robbie Lucas is one of the best High School Coaches in the State. Until this year he won 5 District Championships, 4 Straight Regional Championships and a State Final appearance. Something like 55-8 during that time period. Clay County would have hit a home run if they hired him. Which I doubt. Talked to him yesterday and he never mentioned it.:Clap:
Sounds like a kinda guy that wins when he has talent and loses win he doesn't. Like everybody does but Ole dud hilt.
DarthVader Wrote:Sounds like a kinda guy that wins when he has talent and loses win he doesn't. Like everybody does but Ole dud hilt.

if ole dud hilt is so good, why doesnt he win state every year or even region championship every year

sure didnt work in college, guess they figured out what he was really all about
Absolutely no truth to this at all. Just got off phone with guy who knows and he said that Somerset was contacted about playing in their bowl game.
Mods please delete messages stating Clay has hired.
Titles are a little much. Dud can only win 11-12 games in a down year.
Tigercreek Wrote:Absolutely no truth to this at all. Just got off phone with guy who knows and he said that Somerset was contacted about playing in their bowl game.
Mods please delete messages stating Clay has hired.

I thought Somerset's schedule was already set? Anyway, didn't think he would make that dumb of a mistake over the listserv but hey, I have seen worse on there :biglmao:
I say bring in Mark Jackson.......he won the county championship with Manchester this year.....surely he can lead Clay to some titles Smile
It would definitely be an amazing race. As long as Bopper can be be his assistant and not have to quit right before the season.
What about Michael Sizemore that coaches at Bracken County? Isn't he from Clay?
Coach Lucas is First Class all the way. One our States Finest. He volunteered to help them find participants for the Bowl game after he told them he was booked. Great guy.
Folks trying to read something into that is sort of ridiculous.
DarthVader Wrote:Looks like Robbie Lucas will be coach from what I am hearing.

:why:
former Wrote:Dudley to Somerset now. Thats the big news at work today. Dudley was oddly enough in Pulaski this week for something. Guess now we all know.

Dudley was everywhere this weekend.
I wish Clay County the best but Robbie Lucas will not be their Coach. He is happy where He is happy at Somerset and will be a Contender soon.
Any news on who will get interviewed. Heard they had 24 people
Heard they will hire before Christmas.
I heard today that it is the guy that is or was a principal there. Can't see why he gave up a principal job to coach. Are administrators allowed to coach in clay county?
DarthVader Wrote:I heard today that it is the guy that is or was a principal there. Can't see why he gave up a principal job to coach. Are administrators allowed to coach in clay county?

Now you did not hear that. He don't qualify because of experience:HitWall:
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next