•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
HAROLD Wrote:Jim McKee may not have applied but he has absolutely inquired about the position. Maybe the interest is to sweeten his deal at Scott Co but I have it on good authority that he at least has asked around.

Who is Michael Copley?

I'm hearing that it will likely be Reid, Mouser, Duncum, Wilson, or Paul Raines with some of the others mentioned still being under consideration. The liklihood is not known as stated above about McKee.

Is this the same guy who use to coach at Greenup Co.?
I am really disappointed that Brent Jackson was not considered. there is not a coach mentioned as far as I can tell, that is even close in coaching ability to Coach Jackson. With the system Corbin has used and the time it has taken to select the coach to carry on the Corbin tradition. They better hope they don't make a mistake. And the fuse keeps getting shorter and shorter with each day.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dudley Hilton. No question Confusednicker:

If Corbin is smart, I see this being a 2 person race.
Forget the old guys, and forget the huge names that are never going to come.

For me, its Frazier or Jackson.

If Corbin makes the right choice, my kids will be going there.

Come on gut you old fart.
Brent didn't want the high school job.
HAROLD Wrote:Brent didn't want the high school job.

With all due respect, I believe you have as much pressure to win at the middle school, as you do in high school, in Corbin. I personally believe the search committee never showed any intrest. I would take him over anyone listed on this thread.
Mouser if they keep it in house
Haddix if they hire outside
Copley interviewed for the Knox Central job the last two times it was open. The last time he interviewed Jackson brought him to the interview, and was with him at the Basketball game the night before the interview. There was rumors that if he was hired Jacksons son would come along with two more kids from Corbin. I never could figure the connection out. I have seen a couple of Copleys teams play and was never impressed.
topnotch Wrote:Come on gut you old fart.

Dead serious on that one.
Ill leave the kids at Oak Grove until middle school, but they will definitely be going to Corbin after that assuming Corbin makes the right hires. Id love for them to play for Jackson at the middle school level, and were in the same boat as far as the coaching search has gone. I believe you and I are the only two who really wishes Jackson would have atleast been considered. I don't buy that he wasn't at least curious, but im willing to bet the farm that the admins at Corbin didn't even consider him. Had they shown interest, I bet he would have thought about it.
I still don't know the deal on Frazier and why his name isn't popping up more with several different coaching jobs but hes been really quiet.

As far as im concerned, I don't know what the outcome will be, but I honestly don't think Corbin will return to state power material with any of the names ive been hearing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dead serious on that one.
Ill leave the kids at Oak Grove until middle school, but they will definitely be going to Corbin after that assuming Corbin makes the right hires. Id love for them to play for Jackson at the middle school level, and were in the same boat as far as the coaching search has gone. I believe you and I are the only two who really wishes Jackson would have atleast been considered. I don't buy that he wasn't at least curious, but im willing to bet the farm that the admins at Corbin didn't even consider him. Had they shown interest, I bet he would have thought about it.
I still don't know the deal on Frazier and why his name isn't popping up more with several different coaching jobs but hes been really quiet.

As far as im concerned, I don't know what the outcome will be, but I honestly don't think Corbin will return to state power material with any of the names ive been hearing.

What you are telling us is you have two children in school. I hope when you posted you had your fingers crossed
Brent DID NOT apply and wasn't interested in moving up!!
He wanted to stay at CMS.
redstorm Wrote:Brent DID NOT apply and wasn't interested in moving up!!
He wanted to stay at CMS.

Some how I think you know what you are talking about. I just have great respect for his knowledge of football plus his ability to lead young men. Thanks
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dead serious on that one.

He has said that Corbin is the only job he wants. He has not applied for any other Head coaching positions. Talk with him this weekend.
insideinfo Wrote:Copley interviewed for the Knox Central job the last two times it was open. The last time he interviewed Jackson brought him to the interview, and was with him at the Basketball game the night before the interview. There was rumors that if he was hired Jacksons son would come along with two more kids from Corbin. I never could figure the connection out. I have seen a couple of Copleys teams play and was never impressed.

He was mike Jackson's right hand man at oldham and pikeville. Big buddies I guess??
topnotch Wrote:What you are telling us is you have two children in school. I hope when you posted you had your fingers crossed

I do. Ive told you before time and time again, im no radio color man.
True Story.
topnotch Wrote:Some how I think you know what you are talking about. I just have great respect for his knowledge of football plus his ability to lead young men. Thanks

He is a class act! He and his wife are outstanding and stands for all the right things. You will not meet any better people on this earth!!
Is this the week Corbin name a coach :popcorn:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I do. Ive told you before time and time again, im no radio color man.
True Story.

I don't really care but you and I and many many others know.
I'm guessing. They will name a coach by Friday. This has been a long process, and I'm sure they had already decided before any interview.
15+ pages and so many 'experts', yet no one willing to say '______ will be announced the new head coach on _____ day.'
oldhound70s Wrote:Wow....this will really get them moving. I'm sure Parsons opinion will really light a fire.:biglmao:

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I do. Ive told you before time and time again, im no radio color man.
True Story.

:biglmao:
Hearing the list is not long. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Who is on it?

Is Russell's name on the short list? Scotty (Knox Central)

Where is Redstorm when you need him?
PRIDE101 Wrote:Who is on it?

Asking the wrong person here. I know some who had made visits to corbin seeing if they was serious about hiring an outsider...other than that i don't know....64SUR i want reveal names. :poker face:
pjdoug Wrote::biglmao:

Confusednicker:

He thinks im the radio announcer...
Who will be interviewed? This had been the most tight lipped job I've ever seen.
Hope Corbin picks a great coach. The kids deserve it. Remember it is about the kids and not the adults, fans, people around the program or anyone else....just kids.
I have to agree with d p drinker,but its fun to speculate.
bcpc Wrote:Who will be interviewed? This had been the most tight lipped job I've ever seen.

Usually an indication of an inside hire. That is something that has obviously been brought up in this thread so that may be the case. If interviews are this week I am shocked that we haven't heard anything about who is a serious contender for the job and who is not.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Usually an indication of an inside hire. That is something that has obviously been brought up in this thread so that may be the case. If interviews are this week I am shocked that we haven't heard anything about who is a serious contender for the job and who is not.

Maybe they are waiting until spring practice is over, especially if it is not an inside hire.
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next